Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Message For Beginners: The Lamsa Bible
Just a clarification: I didn't say we threw Lamsa's translation into the garbage. I said we got rid of the copies from the pew areas, specifically they were moved into the library in the office. But that was also true of several copies of the KJV and NIV we found in the aisles, too.

My exact words were:

Quote:St. John, the Church where I serve, used to be a Protestant church that approached the CoE to become united with it (about 15 years ago). When the clergy were sent over, we found the church loaded with Lamsa bibles all over the pews. One of the first acts was to get rid of them all.

The CoE considers both Lamsa and Errico heretics.

That's a far cry from throwing anything into a garbage can. You seem to sometimes misrepresent someone's ideas or words Akhi Albion, I hope that is not intentional.

Needless to say, never is anything with God's Name in it to be thrown in the garbage. Lamsa's translation, imperfect as it was (as imperfect as mine surely is), still had God's Word in it, not to mention the Yudh-Heh "symbol" on the cover.

Incidentally, translations always reflect the bias of the author(s). No translation of anything is an exception. That's why the original is the best to reference, if possible.

In other words don't think for one moment the Interlinear here is perfect or doesn't contain the bias of yours trooly. As much as one tries to avoid it, at times it becomes an unintentional reality.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Message For Beginners: The Lamsa Bible - by Paul Younan - 03-06-2008, 03:45 AM