Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Message For Beginners: The Lamsa Bible
Shlama Paul,

I did not mean to mis-quote you.

I'm sorry that I did.

And if I at times "mis-represent" someone's words, it's by human error, NOT by design, I assure you.

It bothers me that you would think that, but I, like others here, am only human.

Perhaps I should have not thrown away Lamsa's Bible back in back in 1997.

But I didn't know THEN, what I know NOW.

I was discouraged with some of Lamsa's teachings that I felt clashed with Yeshua's teachings.

Albeit some of these (teachings) were from his books, which I had several of as well.

Peace be unto you, Albion

Paul Younan Wrote:Just a clarification: I didn't say we threw Lamsa's translation into the garbage. I said we got rid of the copies from the pew areas, specifically they were moved into the library in the office. But that was also true of several copies of the KJV and NIV we found in the aisles, too.

Never is anything with God's Name in it to be thrown in the garbage. Lamsa's translation, imperfect as it was (perhaps as imperfect as mine surely is), still had God's Word in it, not to mention the Yudh-Heh "symbol" on the cover.

Translations always reflect the bias of the author(s). No translation of anything is an exception. That's why the original is the best to reference, if possible.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Message For Beginners: The Lamsa Bible - by *Albion* - 03-06-2008, 04:00 AM