Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Answer To Some Questions
Albion,

1Co 5:12
Quote:For what business have I to judge them who are without? But those within the body, judge ye,
Do you understand that verse which Paul wrote?

If you want to make this a controversy about me attacking you, you can continue to live in your little "poor me" bubble. The fact is that you have attacked the Apostle Paul's character, and, by inuendo, all of his writings, by stating that "he probably had an ego problem" and "may not have liked women". It seems to be more of an issue for you that I have attacked your character by my defense of Paul and the New Testament. Are you really so blind as to think your reputation is more important than that of Paul's and the New Testament?

The Apostle Paul wrote that we are to judge those within the body.You profess to be within the body of Christ, so that is not off bounds. Obviously, you don't think so either, so don't think you can get off by quoting "Judge not.", which is the one verse practically every unbeliever knows how to quote.

Be a man, for Christ's sake. Admit you at least mis-spoke and falsely impugned the Apostle who wrote The most of The Eastern Peshitta and is the one man primarily used by God to bring the Good News to the gentile world and record the new covenant scriptures.

You may rebuke me all you like; just make sure you move on from Matthew 7:1 to make your case, for you have surely judged me as much as I have judged you. My charges against you have been specific and you have not addressed them directly. You have mis-characterized them and counter charged that I am cruel, egotistical, and whatever else, I don't remember; I'm sure it seems that way to you because you have been wounded and think that love would never hurt someone else. That is simply false, and you betray your ignorance of scripture by that notion. I don't know how many children you have raised and I am sure you have never pastored a church, but anyone who has knows that love sometimes seems cruel in its kindness.
Pr 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.Pr 27:5 ??
Better is a rebuke that is open, than love carefully concealed. Proverbs 27:5

I have rebuked you in the name and love of Jesus, Albion, as a brother, not as an enemy, and I rebuke you still for slander, not against me, but against the great messenger and Apostle of God, Paul, and by implication, against his written words "Follow me as I follow The Messiah." and his words about women which you attribute to a simple dislike for women. You thereby also cast aspersions on all he ever wrote, in so doing, and set yourself as a judge over him and against the entire church which receives his every written word as God breathed scripture.

Do you not see what I am saying, Akhi, Albion?

Have I become an enemy to you, by preaching to you the truth?Ga 4:16

I pray it is not so.

If you did not mean what you wrote then you need to say so and correct it. You certainly wrote more than "I don't understand Paul." You made demeaning allegations against him. I and every New Covenant believer is necessarily outraged and offended by such allegations, and you should be ashamed for making them, even if they were questions in your mind, and especially if they were mere questions, since you put them out there as calling into doubt his character and written words.

Yours for the unity of the Body of The Messiah,

Dave

Messages In This Thread
An Answer To Some Questions - by *Albion* - 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by gbausc - 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by yaaqub - 02-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by *Albion* - 02-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by 'taint Paul - 02-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by *Albion* - 02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by yaaqub - 02-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by 'taint Paul - 02-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Re: An Answer To Some Questions - by gbausc - 02-15-2008, 06:57 PM