Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Way International And The Downfall Of James Scott Trimm
Andrew Gabriel Roth Wrote:Shlama Akhi Dawid,

I have sent you a lot of documentation privately. You seem though to keep misunderstanding. Albion and I were there for these events. Paul Younan knows about a lot of the problems too. This is not new stuff for many, many folks here. The judgments were very well published. Therefore, the burden was on YOU to check these things out before assuming we had not done due process. To deny such due process is also lashon haraa. Do you understand? I don't mind that you didn't take my word for it. I mind that you refused to look into the matter and judge it for yourself. I did not ask for a particular judgement verdict from you either. I have done everything according to Torah.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth
Akhi Andrew, I still think that your understanding of lashon hara'a is incorrect. Whether you were there or not doesn't matter. I had heard these kinds of accusations before, but had not heard of an actual judgment being made. But whether you were there and saw it or not doesn't matter. It may be true, but that is not the point. The point is that unless it has been brought before a court, we have no business spreading it around. It is our duty to take it to our brother first alone, then with one or two other witnesses, and then to take it before a court. Not to spread it abroad. It doesn't matter if it is true or not.
You should have told me that due process had been followed and pointed me to the decision, not simply spread the story. That is lashon hara'a. I came directly to you and to akhnu Albion when I saw an apparent violation of the Torah. That is due process, not lashon hara'a. If I had gone around telling people that you and akhnu Albion were slandering akhnu Trimm, that would be lashon hara'a, whether it was true or not.
The judgment is not mine to make on my own. It is for a proper governing body to make. You should not ask me to judge, but you should ask a beyt din, or equivalent body. It is not mine to judge, since I was not on a beyt din, nor was I one of the involved parties.

Shalom,
Dawid

Messages In This Thread
Truth and Trimm - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Do NOT go - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Trimm docs sent - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Re: Trimm docs sent - by Dawid - 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM