Hello all

I came across this,

(Peshitta) ->: WM$M$NA

(Sinaiticus) ->: DIAKONON
(Alexandrinus) ->: DIAKONON
(Vaticanus) ->: SUNERGON

This is my first attempt!
I may be wrong in my thaught.
I am sure you guys who know more can corect me if i am wrong.

Peace be with you all, in the name of our Messiah.
That's an excellent example, Son of Light.

In Aramaic, Mshamshana can mean "Minister" or "Servant/Attendant" (see Lexicon/Concordance for reference. This is a word that is commonly used in Aramaic for the position within the church known in the West as "Deacon".

Obviously, the divergent readings in Greek stem from the original Pauline Aramaic.

Great catch!
Shlama All,

That looks like an excellent example, until you look again carefully at the Majority Greek reading, which agrees well with the Peshitta ("minister of God & our helper").Other mss.(A,Sin.,B) simply omit one or the other of the two words, "sunergon"-"helper" & "diakonos"-"minister".

It just so happens that the same verse has another bit of evidence that the Greek came from the Peshitta. The Peshitta has, "that he may strengthen you & inquire of you concerning your faith." The Greek has, "parakalesei"- "comfort" instead of "inquire".
But "may inquire" in Aramaic is nebea ; "May comfort" is "nebaya" . If I could get the fonts to work here, I would show them, but Paul can verify that in Estrangela, they look almost identical. Only one letter is different in the two words (the Yod & Ain), and they could easily be confused in Estrangela script.

I have this example and over a hundred others like it in my Interlinear New Testament.

Dave Bauscher