Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Breaker
Keith Wrote:Bar-khela,

Quote:I said-???You still assume a superior intellect than anyone else on this forum. You are mistaken.???

To which you replied ???For me to say that I have a superior intellect is to say that I am without challenge (which is far from the truth). I never stated what you accuse me of. Let me assure you that I do not fear you and I will blaze everything you throw at me. Either stop or continue.???

You may want to reread what I actually said. I said ???you assume?????? You said ???I never stated?????? This is correct you never stated that, you assume it. There is a big difference. You may want to start posting without the emotion of hatred in your heart. Please calmly read what others say then reply. I would ask that you would reply courteously and without your salutation ???Don???t challenge me. It???ll cost your pride???.

I will try, Keith.

Quote:An example of an ???ad hominem??? argument follows. "Bar-khela, your point is silly and useless because it is based on a dysfunctional childhood and an estranged relationship with your father." That would be an ???ad hominem??? argument. There was no factual refutation in that statement just an accurate description of your childhood placed in a context which is hurtful to you. That statement is ???ad hominem??? and has nothing to do with a refutation.

You've cited an abusive ad hominem this time. Last time, you, at least, implied a circumstantial ad hominem. You stated that I needed to finish college and mature before I try to attack. Here, you seem to be discrediting my argument because I have not finished college.

I'm eighteen and in my first year of college. But Jesus was twelve.

Quote:I said ???There is a direct contradiction about the ability for God to have a son. That is what the Koran says. You may try to obfuscate the facts but the facts remain. Go back and reread these two Suras. I'm not interested in your understanding of the meaning of those two Suras. What does your Holy Book say????

After I expressed that I don???t care what your understanding of this verse is you gave me your understanding. My question of ???what does your ???Holy Book??? say???? stands.

You said ???Sura 39:4 ???Had Allah wished to take to Himself A son, He could have Chosen whom He pleased Out of those whom He Doth create: but Glory Be to Him! (He is above Such things.) He is Allah, The One, the Irresistible."

Then you gave us ???your understanding???. You said ???Translation: He could taken for Himself a son, but no, He is above such things. Sets it up, then negates it.???

Me again- If that explanation is your way of justifying to yourself the obvious contradiction found in the Koran I???m ok with it. However, let me reiterate that the Koran says ???Had Allah wished to take to Himself a son, he could have chosen whom he pleased out of ?????? This is what it says. Either the plain written word means what it says or it has no meaning. The Koran further asks this about Allah ???How can He have a son when He has no consort????

You've cited the two Suras out of context and in isolation from the verses that precede them. I've explained the two verses in a concise, logical sense. However, you do not want to accept "my understanding" of these two verses. You'd rather cling to your preception without any proper usage of Qur'anic exegesis. OK.

For convienance's sake, let's go on to another so-called contradiction in the Qu'ran.

Quote:Me- No it does not. This fellow was probably hanged. He was not crucified.

Deuteronomy 21
23 you must not leave his body on the tree overnight. Be sure to bury him that same day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God's curse. You must not desecrate the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

Galatians 3
13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

Then so was Jesus. Jesus was either crucified or lynched.

Quote:I would ask that before you accept any professor???s statement at face value that you do independent research to confirm or refute it. Cook is wrong. The Knight-Ridder newspaper article you quote without reference is far from authoritative. ???Hammurabi???s Code??? does not mention crucifixion. Check it out for yourself.

You're right.

Quote:Finally you said ???Joseph entered Egypt in the second century BC.???

Me- Check your facts again. When do you believe that Joseph enter Egypt?

Forget the whole Alexander the Great part. It was just an idea I jumped on to refute you. However, it is baseless.

Quote:Your last question is profound ???Now what, Keith????

Quote:I hope you are sincere with that question. If you really want an answer, here it is. I would ask that you cool your jets. No one here is your enemy. Your flamboyance has a way of irritating many people.

Name them

Quote:Why not participate in dialogue rather than accusations and threats?

I haven't threatened anyone on this forum, Keith.

C'mon, buddy.

Stop being so dramatic.

Quote:Your questions are legitimate and I (as well as many others) would like to answer them without the hatred you have brought to this forum.

Do not confuse boldness with hatred.

Aunty Christ exemplified hatred, threats, accusations, etc. Not me.
???Do not give up, for that is ignorance and not according to the rules of this art... Like the lover, you cannot hope to achieve success without infinite perseverance.???

Messages In This Thread
Back Breaker - by bar_khela - 11-02-2004, 11:08 PM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-03-2004, 05:44 PM
[No subject] - by ograabe - 11-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Early mss of Peshitta - by gbausc - 11-04-2004, 04:03 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Re: Early mss of Peshitta - by bar_khela - 11-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Re: Early mss of Peshitta - by Paul Younan - 11-04-2004, 09:44 PM
The Figure-Four - by bar_khela - 11-04-2004, 11:50 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-05-2004, 12:05 AM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-05-2004, 02:43 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-05-2004, 04:34 AM