Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DjVu is great!
Shlama Akhay,

I downloaded the DjVu software from lizardtech and it is absolutely fantastic! It's quite a bit like PDF and has some superb features. At one of our links, (Beth Mardutho), I downloaded William Jennings' Lexicon to the Syriac New Testament, a little over 240 pages in DjVu format. You have to right-click in the middle of the page for options like 'Thumbnails,' etc. It gave me a really small screen at first so I tried the F11 function key to get full screen capabilities but what works best is after the download has started for a while you can run the cursor to the outermost boundaries of the page until you get the little arrows pointing in opposite directions and do a click-and -drag stretching of the page size. That way you have a menu bar at the top for printing, zoom, etc. Right-clicking in the center of the page gives you a lot of options, too.
The 'Preferences' menu page has 'Display Preferences,' 'Printer Preferences,' 'Magnifying Glass Preferences,' 'Zoom Preferences,' also 'Hyperlink,' 'Cache' and 'Toolbar' Preferences.

Shlama w'Burkate, Larry Kelsey

Messages In This Thread
DjVu is great! - by Larry Kelsey - 03-24-2004, 06:10 AM