Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some fruit of the last few months
I have normally kept my work between Mister Ripley and myself, but today I felt the Lords leading to show one of these before some folks here. For what reason? I'm not sure really, gotta follow The Lord in things.

Most people know, but I will go ahead and and state it for the other lurkers that usually don't say anything, I only read english. Be that as it may, I have to work off translations of others. Quite a challenge, and quite the dependance upon The Lord throughout it.

Anyways, comments received will be noted. I will not make changes unless directed from above, just so you know.

I'm not sure what original language these were in, but I have utilized the aramaic/syriac with the coptic in areas as I was directed.

ODE 9

1 Open thy ears and I shalt speak unto thee.
2 Give me thy life, that I may also give you my life.
3 The word of The LORD and His desires; the holy thought that He hath conceived concerning His Messiah.
4 For in the will of The LORD is thy salvation, and His purpose is everlasting life, and thy perfection is immortality.
5 Be enriched in GOD The Father, and receive the thought of The MOST HIGH; be strong and redeemed by His grace.
6 For unto thee I announce peace, unto you His Saints, so that none of those who hear may fall into war;
7 And those again who have known Him may not perish; and those who have received may not be ashamed.
8 An everlasting crown forever is Truth; blessed art they who set it upon their heads;
9 A stone of great price it is; for there have been wars on account of the crown;
10 Yet righteousness hath taken it, and hath given it unto thee.
11 Put on the crown, therefore, in the true covenant of The LORD;
12 And all those who have conquered shalt be inscibed in His book;
13 For their book is the victory that is for thee, and she sees you before her, and desires that ye shall be saved.

EDIT: did a few changes in accordance to Harris's translation, it reads better now.

Messages In This Thread
some fruit of the last few months - by Dave - 02-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Re: - by Larry Kelsey - 02-09-2004, 06:01 PM
[No subject] - by Dave - 02-10-2004, 01:30 AM
[No subject] - by Dave - 02-13-2004, 12:37 AM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 02-13-2004, 01:29 PM
[No subject] - by Dave - 02-13-2004, 09:05 PM
[No subject] - by Dave - 02-14-2004, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Dave - 02-18-2004, 08:30 AM