Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is 'human?'
Bees aren't animals, they are insects and don't make a valid comparision to animals like chimpanzees who have enough ability to generate original ideas to the degree that they can create tools:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.units.muohio.edu/dragonfly/tools/chimptools.shtml">http://www.units.muohio.edu/dragonfly/t ... ools.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Creating tools is not necessarily "creative" within the animal kingdom. Some birds use "tools" to create nests for their young. The point is that the animal's intellect is instinctually oriented. You're right when you say that the nature of the bee does not compare to the nature of the chimp because as Akh Paul said, each creature has its own Kyana.

Well, then they are nothing but biological robots and extensions of Allah then.

There is nothing "biological" about a being created from light. God has no extensions.

Then "Jinn" are much higher creatures than "angels." They have free will (thus man isn't unique in that regard even in Islamic theology) and the ability to be as flawless as angels when they choose to be.

Arguably so. Arguably not so.

Strange that the mindless angels serve Allah but the much more advanced Jinn are the ones who choose evil.

There are Jinn who choose good as well.

I'm glad that the Alaha of Israel is great enough that the majority of His most advanced creations (angels) choose to serve Him out of their own free will accessment of His worthiness of it.

Now, don't start that, Craig. I serve the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob as well, so I am going to pretend that you are not implying that I serve a different God. But specifically, where exactly does it say that angels were given free will in the New Testament? If you are using Jude and Revelation, remember that they are questionable works that were not added to the canon of the CoE.

Shlama,

bar-Khela

Messages In This Thread
What is 'human?' - by bar_khela - 10-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Craig - 10-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Re: What is 'human?' - by bar_khela - 10-03-2003, 02:49 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 10-04-2003, 03:39 PM
[No subject] - by Guest - 10-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Guest - 10-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Guest - 10-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Craig - 10-06-2003, 07:12 AM
. - by drmlanc - 10-06-2003, 09:02 AM