Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Antichrist Will Establish the Mosaic Law
Another select vintage from the late Ernest Martin. I can't say I agree with every jot and tittle he ever wrote but I find that he was on the right track in this area and I've only found stronger biblical support over many years.

Snippet:

Quote:“And he caused all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark.”
  • Revelation 13:16–17

One of the cardinal rules for properly interpreting the Scriptures is to let teachings in other sections of the Bible (which use the same terms or principles in other contexts) be the guide to understand more obscure sections. In the Bible the only usage of the phrases “in the hand” and “in the foreheads” are all in the Law of Moses and refer to keeping the commandments, statutes, judgments and holy seasons or days given to Israelites in the time of Moses. The first reference is Exodus 13:9 where it states the Days of Unleavened Bread associated with the Passover were given “for a sign unto you upon your hand, and for a memorial between your eyes [in the forehead].”

The word “sign” in the above verse is translated “mark” in its second occurrence in the Bible and it refers to the “mark” given to Cain (Genesis 4:15). The biblical definition of the “mark” (or “sign”) in the hand and forehead is associated with holy days on the Mosaic calendar. The next usage refers to the commandments, statutes and judgments that the Israelites were to perform when they entered the land of Canaan.

Quote:“You shall bind them for a sign [or mark] upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes [in the forehead].”
  • Deuteronomy 6:8

The third reference is similar to this and is given in Deuteronomy 11:18. The weekly Sabbath is described as such a “sign” (or MARK) in Exodus 31:12–17.

If we let the Bible interpret the Bible then the MARK (or sign) in the hand and in the forehead of Revelation 13:16–17 refers to the keeping of the Mosaic legislation — its holy day system and regulations for the people of Israel in the land of Canaan. And this is what the Antichrist will subject the world to when he commences his reign in Jerusalem just before the true Second Advent. He will display to the world his supposed divinity, the world will accept it, he will sit himself with great ceremony in the temple at Jerusalem, and then proclaim himself the true divinity come from heaven to reside among men (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

Full reading: http://www.askelm.com/essentials/ess030.htm
"All that openeth the matrix is mine" -Exodus 34.19a

Messages In This Thread
The Antichrist Will Establish the Mosaic Law - by aux - 07-14-2018, 09:00 AM