Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look at Salted / Scattered Mark 9:49
If you are asking for input then I'll give mine:
I believe that "scattered" is correct.

Josephus, Wars..., 2, 1, 3:

"...nor did it appear to Archelaus that the multitude could be restrained without bloodshed; so he sent his whole army upon them, the footmen in great multitudes, by the way of the city, and the horsemen by the way of the plain, who, falling upon them on the sudden, as they were offering their sacrifices, destroyed about three thousand of them; but the rest of the multitude were dispersed upon the adjoining mountains: these were followed by Archelaus's heralds, who commanded every one to retire to their own homes, whither they all went, and left the festival..."

So Passover is cancelled (Consider that for a moment) and the worshipers are ordered to leave Passover in Jerusalem and return to their homes - They are "scattered".

Mark 14: 50 - 52 (RSV):

[50] And they all forsook him, and fled.
[51] And a young man followed him, with nothing but a linen cloth about his body; and they seized him,
[52] but he left the linen cloth and ran away naked.

There were certainly plenty of "Tests" going on and the results are "scattering".

CW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Look at Salted / Scattered Mark 9:49 - by Charles Wilson - 05-09-2016, 04:11 AM