Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation
·         Mark 8:12 ܐܬܐ (“sign”); Revelation 3:15 ܐܬܗܘܐ (“you will be”) in the context of signs of hot and cold, plus the sign-seeking church of Laodicea at the end of the age
  • Does the reference to “third day” in Mark 8:31 predict 3-years of tribulation for the Laodicea church?  In Mark 8:33, Simon Peter got the prophecy wrong.

·         Mark 8:12 ܫܪܒܬܐ (“generation”) is synched with the shepherd’s ܫܒܛܐ (“staff”); See also Mark 8:38 ܫܪܒܬܐ (“generation”)
  • Note also Mark 8:19 “five loaves” is a synchronicity with the five churches that form the shepherd’s staff.

·         Revelation 3: 15 ܚܡܝܡܐ (“hot”);  Mark 8:6 ܠܚܡܝܢ (“bread”);  Mark 8:15 ܚܡܝܪܐ (“leaven”); Revelation 3:15 ܩܪܝܪ (“cold”); Mark 8:26 ܩܪܝܬܐ (“village”)
  • Revelation 3:17 ܥܬܝܪܐ increase”; Mark 8:15 “leaven

·         Mark 8:18 “you have  ܥܝܢܐ (“eyes”) and yet do not see”; 3:18 “apply eye salve to your eyes so that you may ܚܙܐ (“see”); Mark 8:22 “blind man” in ܒܝܬ ܨܝܕܐ  (‘Bethsaida”) is a wordplay for ܨܕ (“gaze”); Mark 8:29 ܥܝܢ (“answered”); Mark 8:32 ܥܝܢ ܒܓܠܐ (“openly”).
  • Revelation 3:14 ܠܐܝܕܝܩܝܐ  (“Laodicea”) is a potential wordplay for ܕܘܩ (“seeing”) in the context ܠܐ (“not”)   ܕܘܩ(“seeing”) ܝܗ (“Yah”)
  • Laodicea also is necessary to form the eye-of-the-needle alternative to the shepherd’s staff

·         Mark 8:18 “ears”; Revelation 3:20 and 3:22 “hear

·          Mark 8:25 ܘܬܩܢܬܘܒ (“again…and restore”); Revelation 3:19 ܘܬܘܒܬܢ (“zeal… and repent”)

·         Mark 8:11 ܦܪܝܫܐ (“Pharisees”); Revelation 3:16 ܦܫܘܪܐ (“lukewarm”)

·         Revelation 3:17 “you are rich and you enrich” is synched with Mark 8:19-20 “five loaves I broke for five thousand” and “seven to four thousand” in the sense of something growing exponentially.
  •    Mark 8:36 ܢܬܥܕܪ (“profit”) and ܢܐܬܪ  (“gain”); Revelation 3:18 ܬܥܬܪ (“increase”) from “gold
  •  Also, Revelation 3:17 ܥܬܝܪܐ (“rich”) is a wordplay for Revelation 3:20 ܬܪܥܐ (“door”) because being rich does not get you through the door.

·         Mark 8:24 ܚܪ (“looked”); Revelation 3:18 ܚܘܪܐ (“white”); Mark 8:24 ܡܗܠܟܝܢ (“walking”) Revelation 3:18 ܡܠܟ (“counsel”)

·         Mark 8:24 ܐܝܠܝܢ (“those”); Revelation 3:19 ܐܝܠܢܐ (“trees”)

·         Revelation 3:19 ܡܟܣ (“reprove”); Mark 8:30 ܟܐܐ (“rebuke”)
  • This may also be a wordplay for ܡܟܣܝܐܝܬ (“secretly”) in the context of mysteries like the sword and shepherd’s staff

·         Revelation 3:14 ܫܪܝܪܐ (“true”);  Mark 8:3 ܫܪܐ (“dismiss”);  Mark 8:10 ܫܪܐ (“dismiss”); Mark 8:11 ܫܪܝܘ (“began”);  Mark 8:31 ܫܪܝ (“began”)

·         Mark 8:37 ܬܚܠܘܦܐ (“exchange”); Revelation 3:18 ܬܙܒܢ (“exchange/buy/sell”)

·         Mark 8:38 ܒܗܬ (“ashamed”); Revelation 3:18 ܒܗܬܬ (“your shame”)

·         Revelation 3:18 ܕܗܒܐ (“gold”) wordplay for Mark 8:6 ܝܗܒ (“gave”) – the sacrifice of his broken body is like the broken bread he gave; Revelation 3:18 ܕܒܚܝܪ (“refined”) wordplay for ܕܒܚܐ (“sacrifice”) and ܚܘܪ (“white”).

·         Revelation 3:20 ܐܩܘܫ (“knock”) is a wordplay for ܩܝܣ (“cross”) because of Mark 8:34  ܙܩܝܦܗ (“cross”); also ܩܘܫܬܐ (“true/right/justice”)
  • Revelation 3:20  ܬܪܥܐ (“door”) =   ܬ (“tav”, last letter) ܪܥܐ (“shepherd”) where ܬ is the cross;  Mark 8:8  ܬܘܬܪܐ (“remains”) in the context of the top of the shepherd’s staff at ܬܐܘܛܝܪܐ and bottom at Laodicea.  So Revelation 3:20 is about opening the cross; or if it is closed, then it is a cube, which is another mark of the beast --  I wanted to explain this in the context of Revelation 3:20 ܦܬܚ (“open/explain”).
  • Revelation 3:20 ܐܥܘܠ (“enter”) is a potential wordplay for ܥܘܠ (“unjust/rise”) in the context that one key to enter the door is to be sacrificed unjustly like the Messiah was sacrificed.  Another potential wordplay in this verse is ܐܚܫܡ (“will dine”) as a wordplay for ܐܚܫ (“grief”) and others like ܡܚܫܘܬܐ (“passion”). 

·         Revelation 3:20 ܫܡܥ (“hears”); Mark 8:29 ܫܡܥܘܢ (“Simon”)

·         Revelation 3:21 ܟܘܪܣܝܐ (“throne”) is a wordplay for ܟܪܝܣܛܝܢܐ (“Christian”) and ܟܪܝܣܝ (“testimony”) because of Mark 8:38 “all who are ashamed of me and my words…”
  •  Mark 8:6 “sit upon the earth”; Revelation 3:21 “sit with me on my throne”
  • Mark 8:8 ܐܣܦܪܝܕܝܢ (“baskets”) wordplay for ܐܣܦܝܪ (“group of soldiers”) ܕܝܢ (“judging”);  Revelation 3:21 “and he conquering I give to him to sit with me on my throne”, which is a throne of judgment.

·         The conclusion of the Laodicea church is in 2018AD, which is possibly a time stamp World War 3.  Note the reference to killing (ܩܛܠ) in Mark 8:31 and the root words  of war & desolation ( ܩܪܒ  , ܚܪܒܐ) Mark 8:4 and 8:22

·         Dalmanutha Mark 8:10 is the location of the Armageddon battlefield in Revelation 16:16 during the plague of the sixth bowl judgment.
  •  When Matthew 15:39 and Mark 8:10 are read in harmony (because they refer to the same event), we see that Magdu (“Armageddon”) is the same location as Dalmanutha

[Image: Millennium-Church-Mark-Revelation.jpg]
Mark 9 = Revelation 20:4-15 (Millennial Reign of Peace & Judgment)
·         In Mark 9, we read ܟܢܫ   the root word for “assembly” four times:  9:14, 9:15, 9:17, and 9:25. Note Revelation 20:8 gathered people.
·         Mark 9:1 the transfiguration “after six days” symbolizes the beginning of the Millennial Reign on the 7th day (like a Sabbath). 
  • Mark 9:2 ܐܫܬܚܠܦ (“was transfigured/exchanged”);  Revelation 20:3 ܙܒܢܐ (“time/exchange”)
  • Mark 9:29 is a clue that we can expect fasting and prayer for disciples during the Millennium
  • Mark 9:31 rising in the third day is synched with 3030 AD being 3,000 years after Yahshua first came and was crucified
  • Mark 9:17-32 is about the great test of faith that the Millennial reigns builds up toward. 
  • Mark 9:14-16 – the scribal dispute is whether the disciples see Yahshua in the Millennial reign.  Perhaps it is not visually obvious.  Indeed, verses like Mark 9:37 suggest the Messiah rules from heaven rather than visually on earth in plain sight to everyone.
  • Mark 9:38 – perhaps expect a reformed Protestant church (symbolized by John) to be the primary church in the Millennial reign.
  • Mark 9:43 – at three levels of the Millennial reign (hand, foot, and eye) expect perhaps a great purging within the church, where unbelieving and harmful members are excommunicated in order to prepare for the great test of faith at the end of the Millennial reign.
  • From 9:38-40, the John/Protestant church needs to learn to purge itself, and not purge the faithful outside of itself.  The faithful outside of itself are helping to water John, and are in exchange for John in the sense of replenishing/nourishing the church over time (especially as the church purges).

·         Mark 9:43 ܦܫܝܓܐ is a wordplay for Peshitta and coin.  Mark 9:45  ܚܓܝܣܐ  is a wordplay for ܓܝܙܐ (“treasure”) and ܚܝܐ (“life”).   Mark 9:47 ܥܝܢ is a wordplay for gem or source.  These are clues for what the church needs to purge.
  • It is not a big church that prevails at the end of the Millennial reign, but rather a faithful one.  That’s been the point all along, the great lesson is the power of faith.
  •  Mark 9:49 “sacrifice” shows the very purpose is to die with flavor/faith rather than die in unbelief.  The ܡܠܚܐ (“salt”) double-wordplay works with ܡܠܟܐ (“king”) because the king has faith.  Thus, Mark 9:50 ܬܦܟܗ  (“bland”) is a wordplay with the lampstands of revelation because an alternate translation of  ܬܦܟܗ  is “weak” or “dim”. In other words, the strong light is the king’s faith. 

·         Mark 9:1 ܬܢܢ ܕܠܐ ܢܛܥܡܘܢ ܡܘܬܐ (“here who will not taste death”) is synched with Revelation 20:6 & 20:14 ܡܘܬܐ ܬܢܝܢܐ (“second/dragon death”).
  • Note also Revelation 20:5-6 ܩܝܡܬܐ (“resurrection”) and Mark 9:1 ܩܝܡܝܢ (“standing”)
  • In Mark 9:9, Yahshua instructs the three apostles to not tell anyone about the transfiguration until after the rising, which is synched with Revelation 20:5-6 resurrection
  • Mark 9:10 the disciples “held this saying in themselves”; Revelation 20:2 the dragon is “bound”.  These are synched as we read in Mark 9:10 ܕܩܡ ܡܢ ܒܝܬ  ܡܝܬܐ   ܐܚܕܘܗ (“bound him… he is raised from grave”), and in Revelation 20:6  no authority of the second/dragon death; 9:26-27 ܡܝܬܐ  ܐܚܕ  ܩܝܡ… (“dead…seize…raised”); 9:31ܩܘܡ  (“rise”) ; 9:36 ܩܝܡ (“set”)

·         In Mark 9:2-3, the apostles follow Yahshua up to a high mountain where they see white; compare Revelation 20 where an angel descends from heaven to bind the dragon in the dark abyss
  • See also Mark 9:18-20 where an unclean spirit knocks a man down to earth, and also down to fire and water; Revelation 20:8 water and Revelation 20:9 fire.  And Mark 9:42 sea.

·         In Mark 9:4 we see Yahshua taking counsel with Moses and Elijah; compare Revelation 20:4 where the priests counsel/reign with Yahshua.
  • The three apostles and three proposed booths in Mark 9:5 are synched with the Revelation 20:4 seats/thrones for the three types of people who are cut-off:
  • (1) Because of Yahshua’s witness (Rev 20:4) = Moses, Elijah, Yahshua (Mark 9:4)
  • (2) Because of the Word of Alha (Rev 20:4)  = voice of Alha (Mark 9:7)
  • (3) Because they did not take the mark of the beast (Reve 20:4) = “only” Yahshua was with them (Mark 9:8)
  • Moreover, these three types of saved person are further contrasted by the three unsaved beings cast into the lake of fire in Revelation 20:10: the dragon, the false prophet, and the creature. And as always, I must note that this punishment is finite, not infinite.

·         Mark 9:12 ܐܠܝܐ ܐܝܟܢܐ ; Revelation 20:6  ܟܗܢܐ ܕܐܠܗܐ

·
         Mark 9:21 ܡܢ ܛܠܝܘܬܗ (“from his youth”) ; Mark 9:5 ܡܛܠܠܝܢ (“booths”) in the context of time -- Satan bound for 1,000 years in the pit is how long it has been since the booths; 9:24 ܛܠܝܐ (“boy”) Mark 9:21 ܗܟܢܐ (“like this”);  Revelation 20:6 ܟܗܢܐ  (“priests”)

·         Mark 9:23 ܕܬܗܝܡܢ (“that believe”); Revelation 20:1 ܕܬܗܘܡܐ (“of the abysses”)

·         Mark 9:28  ܠܐ ܐܫܟܚܢ (“not able”); Mark 9:29 ܠܐ ܡܫܟܚ (“not able”); Revelation 20:15 ܕܠܐ ܐܫܬܟܚ (“not found”)

·         Mark 9:33 ܡܬܚܫܒܝܢ (“reasoning”); Revelation 20:7 ܚܒܘܫܝܗ (“its bondage”)

·         Mark 9:34 ܐܬܚܪܝܘ  (“arguing”); Revelation 20:9 ܚܕܪܘܗ (“surround it”)

·         Mark 9:43 “Gehenna” fire; Revelation 20:9 fire from Alha; Revelation 20:10 lake of fire; Revelation 20:14-15 lake of fire; Mark 9:49 everything is vaporized in fire.
·         Mark 9:41 reward for good work; Revelation 20:12 judgment for works

·         Mark 9:49 salt; Revelation 20:8 sand

·         Revelation 20:12 ܙܥܘܪܐ (“little ones”);  Mark 9:42  ܙܥܘܪܐ(“little ones”); Mark 9:34 ܪܒ (“great”);  Revelation 20:12 ܪܘܪܒܐ (“great ones”)
·         Mark 9:50 ܚܕ ܥܡ ܚܕ (“one another”); Revelation 20:13 ܚܕ ܚܕ (“each one of them”)

[Image: new-world-rainbow.jpg]
Mark Chapters 10 through 16 = Revelation…
The analysis of Mark & Revelation is a work in progress.  Indeed, this research project has only just begun.  The above analysis connects Mark to the 7 churches in Revelation, but I think readers will also find that Mark is connected to the 7 seals sequentially (i.e., Mark 6 à 5th church à 5th seal à 5th trumpet à 5th bowl).  See e.g., Mark 6:31 ܐܬܬܢܝܚܘ (“rest”) is synched with the fifth seal in Revelation 6:11 ܬܬܢܝܚܘܢ (“rest”).

I hope to reveal synchronizations for Mark chapters 10-16 once they are more fully known to me.  For example, Mark 1 and Mark 10 work together to show rebirth, because Mark 1 begins in Jerusalem & the Jordan, which is where Mark 10 concludes.

Currently, here is the overview I’ve glimpsed for Mark 10-16: 
·         Mark 10 = Revelation 21-22  (new world)
·         Mark 11 = Revelation 11:1-6  (two witnesses preach)
·         Mark 12 = 11:7-13 (two witnesses ascend)
·         Mark 14:1-31 = Revelation 12:1-6 (woman births and hides)
·         Mark 14:32-72 = Revelation 12:7-17 (woman hides again)

Conclusion
The Father gives us tools to interpret the Book of Revelation.  The Gospel of Mark is one of those tools, and that gospel is a very earthly tool.  The sword & shepherd’s staff timecode is another tool.  I think the way we use any tool is in direction proportion to the way we practice the greatest commandment:

ܫܡܥ ܐܝܣܪܝܠ ܡܪܝܐ ܐܠܗܢ ܡܪܝܐ ܚܕ ܗܘ ܘܕܬܪܚܡ ܠܡܪܝܐ ܐܠܗܟ ܡܢ ܟܠܗ ܠܒܟ ܘܡܢ ܟܠܗ ܢܦܫܟ ܘܡܢ ܟܠܗ ܪܥܝܢܟ ܘܡܢ ܟܠܗ ܚܝܠܟ

I encourage other Aramaic students and scholars to share their thoughts and insights… 

(04-17-2016, 10:18 PM)sestir Wrote: Impressive!
Since GMark was written before Revelation and the author of Revelation may have had access to it, this looks plausible. Have you been able to exclude the other synoptic gospels as a source of inspiration? ;>

Thank you Sesir! 

I actually haven't yet looked into that component -- examining the other synoptics to look for inspiration.  That sounds like it would be prudent and scholarly to do that though.

The way I would describe the inspiration of the Gospel of Mark and the Book of Revelation is that they are both inspired by  ܪܘܚܐ ܚܝܐ ܡܢ ܐܠܗܐ

I would love to know when both of these books were written, even to know the decade would be great.  I think David Bauscher summarized well the case for the Book of Revelation being written before 66AD:
  • “Laodicea, Colossae, and Hierapolis were destroyed by an earthquake in AD 66.  Laodicea was not rebuilt until 120 years later by Marcus Aurelius. This little known fact is extensively documented by Bishop Lightfoot in his commentary on Colossians and Philemon, pp 274-300.  This says volumes about the date for the Book of Revelation, does it not? It must have been written before AD 66, else there had been no Laodicea left to which John could write! Tacitus, the Roman historian wrote that Laodicea “without any relief from us, recovered itself from its own resources.” Tacitus wrote this in the early second century.  Another source says that Laodicea “lay in ruins for quite a period of time” until the Roman emperor Hadrian, at the beginning of the second century (reigned AD 117-138) revived it after he visited the place.” It was almost totally rebuilt during the reign (AD 188-217) of Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (Nicknamed Caracalla).” There was apparently no major rebuilding of Laodicea before the second century and it is highly unlikely that this destruction should go unmentioned if a letter to its church were written after AD 66 to a place in ruins and which furthermore boasts, “I am rich and affluent and have need of nothing” (v. 17).  It is amazing that modern Bible commentators seem to be completely ignorant of this historical information, dating the writing of Revelation at AD 95 – an absurdly late date.”  For dating, see also Bauscher’s Historical introduction at pp. 578-79.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-17-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation - by gregglaser - 04-17-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-18-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-22-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM