Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Peshitta Interlinear and Plain English modules for E-Sword
(02-20-2016, 06:43 PM)cgjedi Wrote: Unfortunately, David's version has some very serious translation errors in it that deny the very words of Jesus Christ.  When pointed out in an email to him, he does not accept this correction.

What's with the randomly general accusation? Imagine if your words were simply turned on you generally, "Unfortunately, cgjedi's version has some very serious translation errors in it that deny [sic] the very words of Jesus Christ. When pointed out in an email to him, he does not accept this correction."

Translation is inherently flawed.  It will never capture the literal text.  The translator, the scribe, is plagued by this situation.  In David's favor, he trusts the Father.  Just like Chuck (ThirdWoe), I have no doubt he would jump off a cliff to save the Khabouri's codex. (And as these two are both falling, with smiles on their faces, I imagine they would quickly reconcile their differences).

Do you know anyone else other than David who has reached the entire world with the Peshitto?  For example, you can find David's work on BibleHub.   For countless centuries people (like me) didn't even know the Aramaic was a thing to consider, but because of David's efforts in this generation, whenever you type a bible verse into google, etc, you find the Aramaic right there before your eyes.  And all you need to do is click 'interlinear' and the Peshitto text is brought right to you.  Is this nothing to the Father in heaven?

So before you point the finger at a scribe, remember that 'fire' and 'mirror' are the same word in Aramaic, and so much more -- the translator's job is hopeless in the sense that there will never be any translation good enough to match the original.  But if you forgive the translator as you would like to be forgiven, then you will find something golden.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Peshitta Interlinear and Plain English modules for E-Sword - by gregglaser - 02-21-2016, 02:18 AM