Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread
Thomas,

Perhaps 4 hours were not enough time? It took me much longer than 4 hours. Smile I'll try to help you see what is certainly shown in The Scriptures.

Read the passages again, carefully, and pay special attention to the fact that there was only one Paschal Feast to be eaten at sundown on the 14th day, and start of the 15th day.

When reading those passages again, please notice these things.

The religious leaders were instructed not to take Mshikha during the Feast, and they didn't.

The religious leaders wanted to make sure that Mshikha was taken off the Cross before the start of the Feast, and He was.

The meal that Mshikha and His Talmide partook of on that night, before the Paskha Feast was to begin, was not the Paschal meal, which was to be eaten the next evening.

It was the end of the 13th day of the 1st month, and start of the 14th day, when they ate the meal that night, reclining at the table. It could not have been the Passover meal they partook of. That would occur the next evening at sundown, when Mshikha's body was laying in the tomb.

It was a High Day Sabbath that year, because the start of the Passover Feast fell on the start of the weekly Sabbath, thus making it a special Sabbath. Mshikha was crucified on the preparation day of that special Sabbath, not on the Sabbath day itself, which was to begin after He was entombed.

Mshikha was not hanging on the Cross during the Feast, but rather, the day before the Feast began. While the sacrificial lambs were being slaughtered, Mshikha, The Lamb of Alaha, who takes away the sin of the world, was being slaughtered on the Cross.

I could add more, but, this will have to suffice for now.

Shlama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread - by Thirdwoe - 12-06-2015, 10:55 PM