Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta
After about 10 years so far of working through the Tanach in the Ancient Pictograph script, translating and compiling a concordance of marriage roots (I am currently working through Yermeyahu), for the last month I have started to bridge my research over into the Aramaic Peshitta, starting with Philemon. I generally work with the tiny books first, then move on to larger ones. Anyway, I am almost done with Philemon. Here are the first 16 verses in my preliminary (rough draft) translation:

Phm 1:1 Paulus~ cultivate> banded> [one] of> Yeshua= (he> does> space) the> smeared> [one] and> Thimatayus~ cultivating> wall> [one] to> Philemun~ intensely> roped> [one] and> rocking> forth> [one] of> collected> them
Phm 1:2 and> to> Apiya~ our> intensely> roped> [one] and> to> Arkipus~ rocking> forth> [one] of> collected> them and> to> the> ascended> flap> [group] of> in> your> built> [place]
Phm 1:3 insertion collected> you and> complete> ease apportionment manifest> cultivating> [one] our> pollinating> [one] and> apportionment our> embitter> [one] Yeshua= (he> is> spaciousness) the> smeared> [one] (s)
Phm 1:4 handle> cultivate i to> my> manifest> cultivating> [one] in> finished> gushing> onward> [period] and> unblurring> over i to> you in> my> [verbal]> plungings
Phm 1:5 see apportionment of> rippling> up> of your> manifest> support and> the> intense> rope of> is to> you bonded our> embitter> [one] Yeshua= (he> is> spaciousness) and> bonded their> finished> [part] the> allocated> away> [ones]
Phm 1:6 of> she> does> manifest the> setting> open of> your> manifest> support inclining separated> aside> [food] in> service and> in> actively> unflapped> eye of> finished> [part] inserted> [thing] of> is to> you in> Yeshua= (he> is> spaciousness) the> smeared> [one]
Phm 1:7 honed> [condition] grating cultivatingly> strayed is to> us and> comfort of> in> cultivate> handling your> intense> rope they> were> sighed the> currented> completely> [conditions] of> the> allocated> away> [ones]
Phm 1:8 decline manifested> outward separated> toward> cultivating cultivatingly> strayed is to> me in> the> smeared> [one] of> channeling> down to> you yearning> [things] of> upsided> outward
Phm 1:9 decline the> intense> rope subdued from> erupting he erupting i apportionment> you i Paulus~ of> am> i the> sitting> [one] how of> unflapping> eye manifest> cultivating> mark this> hour~ subdued additionally cultivate> banded> [one] of> Yeshua= (he> does> space) the> smeared> [one]
Phm 1:10 and> erupt i apportionment> you ascended my> hewed> [one] yearning> [one] of> i> did> lead> down in> my> cultivate> banding> [thing] Anisimus= (nh)
Phm 1:11 he of> pluck> sprouted> [periods] useless he> was> manifest to> you in> him hurriedness> forth this> hour~ subdued additionally to> you additionally to> me inserted he> was> hurried> forth
Phm 1:12 and> i> did> row> him to> you manifest> cultivating> mark subdued how of> [one]> led> down my> own how> outward heap> him
Phm 1:13 expand> cultivate i> was> manifest grating of> bonded> me i> did> seize> him of> he> was> manifest radiating to> me augered> wide> you in> the> cultivate> banding> [thing] of> well> message
Phm 1:14 flowing> ascended> flap your> [verbal]> sending subdued wearied i> did> expand> cultivate completed> measure to> serve of> wearied how of> in> lopped> over she> does> manifest your> inserted> [condition] uncultivated in> your> outward> expanding
Phm 1:15 meshed subdued additionally decline manifested> outward he> did> redo of> manifest> lean> [period] of> to> horizon> [period] you> do> seize> him
Phm 1:16 wearied from> finishing how serving> [one] uncultivated protruding apportionment serving> [one] cultivating> wall> [one] intensely> roped> [one] my> own honed> [number] as> what your> own and> in> fresh> [part] and> in> embitter> [one]

My preliminary Tanach is available for Esword on my website]: http://www.originalhebrew.com

Shlama,

Ronen

Messages In This Thread
Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta - by gregoryfl - 09-23-2014, 12:40 AM