Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Simon Peter Hear Two Roosters? kpr-doodle-doo
Thank you, Paul, your comment made my day!

It?s a daily blessing to study the Peshitta. Part of that blessing for me is the fun of discovering these clues where Aramaic word subtleties maintain gospel harmony and layered symoblism. Even the wordplays alone are just too numerous to keep track of it all! For example here?s another wordplay I should have mentioned above - the Thrngla (?rooster?) here was Thryn(?second?).

Or in its component parts: Thrn (?mast?) gla (?wave?) ? it can be symbolism for a cross or a ship (a rooster?s head looks like a traditional ship):

[Image: Thrngla-2.jpg]

[Image: Thrngla.jpg]

I think these deep layers of symbolism help support the harmony that is already there in the Aramaic, both on the surface and within.

Symbolically, I think Simon Peter and his ship expanded beyond Galilee, such that in his old age his ship was/is steered by others who claim his authority (John 21:18, ?But when you grow old, you stretch out your hands and another will gird your loins and will direct you to where you do not desire?). The wordplays abound here as well?

I think these are the kinds of subtleties meant for deep searching, sometimes finding fish and pearls, sometimes finding an old boot, sometimes more questions. For example, the Peshitta gospel offers boatloads of maritime commerce symbolism. I was drawn for this Thrngla study to the Lamentation of Tyre in Ezekiel 27:5, ?From planks of Senir they have built to you double-boarded ships. From cedars of Lebanon they have taken to make a Thrn (?mast?) for you.?

My favorite part of this particular study was finding two key clues (preserved only in Aramaic) that Yahshua symbolizes the first rooster: (1) the Peshitta uses the same word qra (?call?) for Yahshua speaking in Mark 14:32-42 and the rooster calls later; and (2) the Peshitta places the first rooster call heard by Peter in the same passage as the woman looking inside Peter ? Mark 14:66-68. The Greek lacks both of these subtleties.

But in Aramaic the literal and the symbolic enjoy harmony. And when the layers of symbolism are considered here (Yahshua symbolizes the first rooster), the next logical step that a student considers is that Simon Peter symbolizes the second rooster (for example, in the same sentence in Mark 14:72 the second rooster is calling and Simon Peter is crying ? like Simon is calling out within himself, the kind of tearful repentance the Father seeks for kpr atonement).

Simon Peter?s Thrngla experience gla (?reveals?) the character of the Father. Throughout the Old Testament, YHVH gives His people multiple calls/times for repentance. I like to think that in the Father?s consistent character we can see better that the call ShmEaun (?Simon?) needed to ShmEa (?hear?) was the appropriate one to his perspective (appropriate = Simon Peter has had time to fulfill the meaning of kpr and repent). So that is why Simon Peter cries with repentance in Mark 14:72, because he knew within himself as the second rooster that he should have repented earlier. The call to repentance needs to come from inside. That?s important to the message, the meaning of the second rooster.

All of the Peshitta gospels are in harmony with Yahshua?s prophetic use of kpr (?deny/atone?), as he states that Simon Peter will deny by (?in me?). To the perspective of the other apostles, they may not have heard the earlier rooster (symbolized by Yahshua calling inside ShmEaun kapa). The other apostles may very well have heard only one rooster that night (the rooster symbolized by Simon Peter crying upon the third denial) because of what was given to them: ShmEaun (?they hear?).

Messages In This Thread
Re: Does Simon Peter Hear Two Roosters? kpr-doodle-doo - by gregglaser - 09-26-2014, 07:42 PM