Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Only Begotten" God
Right on! John 21:25, ?Now there are also many other things that Yahshua did, which if they were written one by one, not even this world (as I suppose) would be sufficient for the books that would be written.?

I agree with your intuition regarding the common English translation ?only begotten?, I think that is probably not the best way to go. In Aramaic the word ?only? is blKhud. And birth/fathered is yld. Looking at other instances of these words, conjugations do exist but I don?t recall instances where the lamed can be separated from either word ? therefore, ?only begotten? doesn?t translate well from yKhydya.

So to answer your question, I would favor ?the unique? Alha, just as Janet Magiera has translated in John 1:14, ?unique one?.

Also, John 10:34 explains nicely why there is supposed to be some mystery here, ?Yahshua said to them, ?Is it not so written in your law: I have said, you are of Alha?? If he called those Alha because the word of Alha was with them, and the scripture is not able to be broken, to him whom the Father made holy and sent to this world do you say, ?You blaspheme,? because I told you that I am the son of Alha? Unless I do the works of my Father, do not believe me. But if I do, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that my Father is in me and I in my Father.?

Regarding the point above that Yahshua lives in the bosom of the Father (John 1:18), notice the closeness of the word Khdya ("breast") and yKhydya. The word Khya ("life") is also within yKhydya. I think it also helps to know that the term for "monastery" is mEamra dyKhydya, which is like saying 'dwelling of yKhydya'.

Exploring these word meanings, one naturally asks - what does it mean to be ?of Alha?? Answer: Yahshua's life.

And another intriguing question -- what was the ?begotten status? of John the Baptist (JB)?

If JB represented Elijah in some way (per Matthew 11:14 and 17:10-13), one is tempted to say that JB could have resided in heaven at some point before his earthly birth -- however, that kind of ?other begotten? theory would appear to contradict John 3:13 and John 3:31:
  • Yahshua says, ?And no man has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven the Son of man who is in heaven.? John 3:13

JB says, ?For he who has come from above is above all and he who is from the earth is from the earth and speaks from the earth. He who has come from heaven is above all.? John 3:31

Lots of theological mystery here, but really fun to ponder and compare perspectives!

[Image: escherrelativitydetail.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
"Only Begotten" God - by ScorpioSniper2 - 03-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Re: "Only Begotten" God - by gregglaser - 03-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Re: "Only Begotten" God - by ScorpioSniper2 - 03-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Re: "Only Begotten" God - by gregglaser - 03-04-2014, 02:34 PM