Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking insight on Janet Magiera's Messianic Aramaic NT
Quote:Allah is simply the Arabic word for "God", which Muslims, for lack of a better word, hijacked for use in their religion.

I could be wrong, but I think they (the Muslims) are just using the term that was always found in their Arabic language (Allah) which simply means "God". They seem to use it like it is a personal name for the Deity. And if I'm not mistaken both the Aramaic and the Arabic forms come from the Hebrew form "El" (The Mighty One) and "Eloa" (singular) and Elohim (plural).

I have found that in the Aramaic Peshitta, various forms of the word "Alaha" exist...one of which is Alah, without the final "a".

I know it seems odd to Christians in the English speaking west, but Alah or Alaha, is a term that is most is often used by the Aramaic speaking Christians when referring to our God, without using a proper name designation for Him. In Hebrew it is Eloa (singular form) or Elohim (plural form). We get the for "God" in English from the German "Gott".

Messages In This Thread
Re: Seeking insight on Janet Magiera's Messianic Aramaic NT - by Thirdwoe - 11-15-2013, 03:32 AM