Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John 1:1
Thank you for the kind words, very cool of you to send that positive energy my way. If i have revealed anything beneficial, i give credit above to YHVH.

Glad to hear also of your formal studies in physics, and interest in the uniqueness of light! Do you read Feynman? This is one of my passions. Indeed, while researching your question yesterday, I discovered two awesome and complimentary wordplays in John 1:5, so with your segway this morning about light I?m glad for this opportunity to share what I found?

The first wordplay comes from mnhr in John 1:5, ?And that light in the darkness brought light and the darkness not did overtake it.? This Aramaic word mnhr (?brought light?) has an alternate literal translation meaning ?from fight? (mn = from; hr = fight), as in the very battle of light and dark energies being described in John 1:5! So through division of this one word, we see a complimentary meaning in John 1:4-5, because the ?light of men? in John 1:4 was divided/separated just like light and dark were separated in the beginning.

How was the light of men separated? Adam was one -- he was man, not a son of man (brnsa) like all men after him. After his second and third separations, Cain and Abel, his separations fought amongst one another. At first it appeared that darkness (the stumbling block, the shadow) triumphed when Cain murdered Abel, but then Seth was born, and eventually Yahshua was born from Seth?s line, and so ?the light of men? triumphed; John 1:5 is a true statement, ?And that light in the darkness brought light, and the darkness did not overtake it.? See also John 14:30, ?After this I will not speak with you many [things], for comes the ruler of this world and in me he does not have to him anything.?

The second wordplay in John 1:5 comes from the word adrkh (?did overtake it?). This plays on two words: drkTha (?threshing?) and adra (?threshing floor?). It?s a metaphor, light separated from dark just like wheat is separated from chaff (by beating it with wood/cross on the threshing floor). Between light and dark, only one has the seed. Light has the seed; wheat has the seed. The darkness, the chaff, is just the cover. The light/seed must break through the darkness/chaff. So our earth is like the threshing floor for our saga, which is a metaphor explaining why our existence here must be filled with such tribulation. Apparently we have to get the seed beaten out of us?

And indeed nature is full of these examples (even the classic: chicken and egg) where something living must break a shell to grow, and if it does not first break its shell, then (1) it will not have been protected during its infancy, and (2) it will not be strong enough to face reality outside the shell. Consider the extraordinary power of high frequency light ? for example, if we even gaze at the sun for 60 seconds straight, we can go blind. How much more if we look upon YHVH?s light before we have broken our shell and left this existence (which has been designed to make us stronger).
With regard to the physics of dark energy, here is an article chronicling some of the latest particle accelerator research being released to the public: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nature.com/news/physicists-hunt-for-dark-forces-1.10386">http://www.nature.com/news/physicists-h ... es-1.10386</a><!-- m -->

As you know given your physics background, light is the electromagnetic radiation of ANY wavelength, even though we laymen tend to define the word in terms of the light we see with our eyes (the visible spectrum). But in the gospel Yahshua is the physicist, constantly emphasizing the importance of the powers that man can not see. See e.g., John 1:18, John 3:8, John 18:36, and especially John 16:12, ?Again, I have much to say to you, but you are not able to hold now.? In that last verse the world is aKhd, meaning ?hold? or ?seize?, which I think suggests that in these human vessels we cannot contain or control other waves, to be revealed later.

[Image: wavelength_light.jpg]

I reason that darkness does not comprehend light because it is a stumbling block, a cluster of obstacles that block the transmission of light. So the wordplay of John 1:5 above fits well: conflict/fighting tends to disrupt/block harmonic wave signals.

Remember when Pilate asked, ?what is truth??, and then he just walked away from Yahshua in the house of bondage. John 18:38. I reason our goal is to walk toward Yahshua wherever he leads us, even if it looks like we?re walking into a house of bondage. YHVH is the farmer and he can easily beat the chaff right off a seed when its season arrives.

Here's another wordplay I found while researching your question: recall the Aramaic word bsra (?flesh?), John 3:6 for example. Living in this flesh (bsra) that covers us is like living ?in moon? (bshra). The moon/flesh does not produce its own light, but only reflects the light of the greater body, the sun that helps life grow here on earth. And it?s useful for us humans to learn the meaning of our stellar cycles and flesh -- the sun and moon and flesh all work together to reveal the Word to our earthly perspectives.

I?m comforted by the book of Revelation in this regard, as the scripture explains the fate of our present sun and moon and flesh after they have lost their purpose. I reason the new purpose is very spiritual - glyna nuhra dsra bEalm.

Messages In This Thread
John 1:1 - by HSB - 07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Re: John 1:1 - by bknight - 07-24-2013, 06:00 AM
Re: John 1:1 - by gregglaser - 07-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Re: John 1:1 - by HSB - 07-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Re: John 1:1 - by gregglaser - 07-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Re: John 1:1 - by gregglaser - 07-28-2013, 08:00 AM