Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were some parts of the Peshitta altered?
Hi Paul,

Could the Ayin and Yodh be confused in DSS script? and also in the Hebrew square script?

~And I honestly don't know if I was suggesting Greek primacy, but I actaully was suspecting Aramaic-to-Aramaic mistake / alteration -- suspecting the Greek could have got dikaios from a earlier Aramaic recension. But.. this covers it:
Paul Younan Wrote:The Aramaic still makes the most sense, the Greek makes no sense at all. It makes sense in 5:6, it makes sense in 5:8, just makes no sense at all in 5:7.In any case, again there is no way for us to know how the Greek translator made the mistake, but we can be sure that it indeed was a mistake.If any of us, or none of us, are correct in how it happened - the Aramaic still is the only version that makes any sense.

& Thank you for the rshey^a and reshaya examples.

At this point, I have to admit, the Greek is just wrong here. Thanks everyone for this discussion. Romans 5:7, tell you the truth, was starting to really bother me.

But, there is another passage in the Peshitta which bothers me. Something doesn't seem right in it. I'll post later.
~DC

Messages In This Thread
Re: Were some parts of the Peshitta altered? - by DrawCloser - 04-22-2013, 03:09 AM