Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic Text of Revelation Forms Sword and Staff on a Map
The Eye of the Needle

gregglaser Wrote:...what I am supposed to do with the information that Beruit (just above Sidon) was once named Laodicea around 140BC?
In the oldest Aramaic codex of Revelation, the spelling of the assembly laydyqya (?Laodicea?) at Rev 3:14 differs from the spelling ldyqya (?Laodicea?) at Rev 1:11.

The dichotomy is a clue?

As shown above, when prgmus ("Pergamus") in Rev 1:11 was spelled a second way as prgma ("Pergama") in Rev 2:12, the dichotomy revealed a sword & shepherd's staff encoded on the face of the earth. On a map, I do not see how I would have reached the same result with Greek (Pergamou in Rev 1:11, and Pergamo in Rev 2:12).

So, what does the alternate spelling/mapping of Laodicea reveal? Surprisingly, a sewing needle is revealed when Laodicea (now called Beirut) in Lebanon is mapped rather than Laodicea in Anatolia. And incidentally, the line runs right through Pergama on Cyprus, which is a nice trail marker of meaningfulness.

[Image: Seven-Assembly-Sword-and-Eye-of-the-Needle.jpg]

[Image: ancient-needle-collage.jpg]

This needle is a biblical sign for we Laodiceans who have claimed to be "rich" per Rev 3:17 -- as we remember Matthew 19:24, ?And again I say to you, it is easier for a rope to enter the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter into the kingdom of Alha.?

[Image: bronze-needle.jpg]

In the Google Earth map image above, the eye of the needle is formed in the middle of assemblies four through six (Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia), while the point of the needle touches down in assembly seven: Laodicea, Beirut.

This eye of the needle here would be in the Gediz river, basically between Adala and the famous but small Lake Marmara, which would translate ?lord lord? in Aramaic, though in the ancient days it was named Lake Gyges after a shepherd turned king whose legends are curiously philosophical and involve names like Ardys (also the name for the summit of Mt. Hermon).

What is the meaning of all this? I will venture that when you in Laodicea are ?hot? (Khmyma), then you are open like the open crook on the shepherd?s staff. Or if you choose to be ?cold? (qryr) instead, then you are closed like the closed loop of the sewing needle. Both options are satisfactory as both are functional ? the ?hot/open? shepherd?s staff leads the sheep to cool water; the cold/closed needle sews the shepherd a wool coat. But if you are ?lukewarm? (pShura), then you are partially open and partially closed, which is not satisfactory for either function: an open loop needle will not hold thread well, and a misshapen shepherd?s staff will not properly catch the stiff-neck of a sheep.

For history on the different Aramaic spellings of the name Laodicea, and the three different places in Asia associated with that name, see The Rabbinic ?Enumeration of Scriptural Examples?: A Study of a Rabbinic Pattern of Discourse With Special Reference to Mekhilta D'R. Ishmael (1973), pg. 140.

Interestingly, if you draw straight lines between these three Laodicea locations (Anatolia, Lebanon, and Syria), the result is 980 miles, which is also the exact length of the sewing needle image. Another coincidence?

980 is a meaningful number because, as discovered by Galileo, it represents our calculation for the gravitational constant of acceleration on the surface of the earth: [Image: 980-mile-sewing-needle-Laodicea-revelation.jpg]

When the assembly locations are mapped just right (a challenge of possibilities given the archaeological evidence), expect geometrical relationships here with meaningful ratios and numbers (such as the electromagnetic coupling constant ? 1/137).

[Image: 126-137-Laodicea-Patmos-Temple-Mount.jpg]

[Image: Laodicea-circles-staff.jpg]

[Image: Pergama-Laodicea-Great-Pyramid-Phi.jpg]

Of these three Laodicea possibilities, who is hot, who is cold, and who is lukewarm? Above Laodicea in Anatolia was Hierapolis, which had the hot springs from which Laodicea received its water. These waters arrived in Laodicea lukewarm because they had to travel so far. Waters are like peoples. Imagine waters traveling through these images -- from the Temple Mount to Ephesus to Smryna, then to Pergama, and on to Thyatira, then Sardis, then Philadelphia, and finally the waters are in Laodicea. If only the Laodicean will realize how close he can be to Yahshua, he will feel the hot spring inside. I think logically, hieraopolis is a state of mind.

Remember Rev 3:18, "I counsel you to buy from me gold that is tried by fire so that you may become rich and garments white to clothe yourself so that not should be revealed the shame of your nakedness and eye salve apply to the eyelids so that you may see." Do we Laodiceans get more excited about gold/money that helps enforce the world debt system, or do we have zeal to protect instead the Father's golden ratio growing in the natural world (people, plants) to create real value... Do we Laodiceans understand from John 9:6 that the eye salve is clay (the people of this world)? Are we willing to put this clay before our eyes that we may see and repent from the errors of materialist conquest?

[Image: persecuted-christians-syria1.jpg]

It is meaningful that Laodicea is the concluding assembly in Revelation. I think when the seven assemblies come together they are like the seven colors of the rainbow working together ? they make white, like the white clothes worn in heaven promised to those in Laodicea who conquer this world in Yahshua. Rev 3:18. When all of the assemblies come/sign together in the conclusion of this age we are experiencing, we see the image of the eye of the needle. I think the Father is revealing mysteries here. Other people may see other things (ie., ox-goad, ice-pick, nothing), and that?s fine by me. We see what we are given to see, and hear what we are given too.

The Peshitta of the famous verse Matthew 19:24 helps me understand the ?eye? (Khrura) of the needle represents a portal to heaven. This is no ordinary word in Aramaic because the language reveals it as wordplay for white and freedom (Khur). It's all very mathematical and beautiful when diverse peoples come together in peace, love, and harmony.

By contrast, this world governed by dangerous leaders and consumers uses different needles to control one another.
[Image: needle-pain-collage.png]

There is a better way than what is happening in this world. Finding the way is finding Yahshua:

[Image: needle-in-haystack.jpg]

1st Century Maps Help Prove these Sword & Staff Images Come From Higher Intelligence

Even the very best maps of the 1st century AD were highly inaccurate, even comically inaccurate. So it would be impossible for the author of the Book of Revelation (writing in the first century AD) to have used a man-made map to secretly encode the sword and staff image by selectively choosing the seven lampstands of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergama, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea). Therefore logically, the source of the sword & staff image comes either from higher intelligence, or from pure coincidence. And coincidence is especially unlikely given the golden ratio encoding in the image.

In the 1st century, even the best cartographers at the time had very inaccurate maps of the Mediterranean region where the sword and staff is located. For example, here is one of the best maps they had available at the time: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Karte_Pomponius_Mela.jpg;">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _Mela.jpg;</a><!-- m --> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_world_maps">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_world_maps</a><!-- m -->

Even in the next century, Ptolemy?s map is still woefully inaccurate for the Mediterranean region: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PtolemyWorldMap.jpg">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PtolemyWorldMap.jpg</a><!-- m -->. It would be impossible to find the sword and staff with maps this inaccurate in 150AD, further confirming that the author of the Book of Revelation could not have used a man-made map to plot this image.

Only when we get to the 12th century can we find a map where it would be theoretically possible to map out a very rough and imprecise sword and staff. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/TabulaRogeriana_upside-down.jpg">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... e-down.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aramaic Text of Revelation Forms Sword and Staff on a Ma - by gregglaser - 05-09-2014, 07:04 AM