Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transliteration Question
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:...it'd be interesting to revise John W. Etheridge's New Testament, correcting mistranslations, updating the archaic language, and making it agree with the Eastern Peshitta 100% when there is a disagreement between it and the Peshitto.

As far as I know, there are no Eastern manuscripts / critical editions available to work with, except the Peshitta PDF (with Eastern variants) on this site, and Paul's corrected BFBS docs. But I remember a user's post saying there was one missed Western reading in the corrected text.

Also, to tell you the truth, the Khabouris could be off limits. (1) It would be necessary for the current owner of the manuscript to give permission. (2) And I don't know what Stephen would say about getting Eastern readings from his transcription. (Stephen said "No!" to me, but I don't know what he would tell you.)

So, to be honest, getting 100% Eastern readings would prove somewhat difficult, because of the one accidentally missed Western one, and because of intellectual property regarding the Khabouris.

But don't give up on your planned endeavour. You can make it the most Eastern it may legally be [without copyright infringement].

God bless,

~DC

Messages In This Thread
Transliteration Question - by ScorpioSniper2 - 01-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by Thirdwoe - 01-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by ScorpioSniper2 - 01-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by Thirdwoe - 01-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by The Texas RAT - 01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by DrawCloser - 01-24-2013, 11:55 PM