Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Moment!
I need to explain a mistake I made...

I recently did a re-examination of the Time Markers and came down concretely on one side of an alternative:
"The Jews..." say that it has taken 46 years to build the sanctuary and that Jesus would rebuild it in 3 days.

I've said that there is a simple subtraction exercise you can use from 8/9 CE to get to an important year referenced by the story.
Oddly enough, "46 years..." gives 2 choices.
If it's from 8/9 CE, the year of interest becomes 37/38 BCE. 9 CE is the duplicated Passover from 4 BCE. The rotations of Mishmarot Service places the Service Group "Immer" in Jerusalem for the Passover.
What happened in 37 BCE? From the Jewish Encyclopedia, "Antigonous Mattahias":
"The last Hasmonean king of Judea; died 37 B.C. He was the second son of Aristobulus II., and together with his father was carried prisoner to Rome by Pompey in 63 B.C."

Suppose, however, that you subtract the "46 years of the sanctuary" from the important 4 BCE year. What happened in 50 BCE?
Julius Caesar happened and he gives 2 Legions to Aristobulus 2, son of Alexander Jannaeus.
Aristobulus 2 is poisoned by Pompey and if anyone ever offers you "Rhododendron Honey" on a pastry, you better turn it down! "I'll explain that one later".

So, which alternative to choose? Jannaeus is much too important to minimize. The whole point of these Time Markers is to get SOMEONE to notice that history was stolen.

It then occurred to me that the Jannaeus material begins with "Hannah the Prophetess". It is matched with Josephus almost word for word and points to Revelation 5 through about 11. Jannaeus fights with the Greek general Demetrius (Let the reader note this) and then comes to Jerusalem with a vengeance. Salome has her time of peace and then - sorta' - Aristobulus takes over. He is poisoned, preserved in honey, and his son is beheaded by Scipio.

It makes more sense that the triumphant Jannaeus and Aristobulus have their moments in Revelation. This means that all of the Time Markers looked at here come from 8/9 CE.

Which makes the Time Markers as follows:

"Hannah the Prophetess": References the end of Alexander Janaeus. And don't ever call her "Salome Alexandra"! If you think it's tough fighting "Greek Primacy", imagine fighting a 2000 year old political smear - "Alexandra - that's what the Greeks called her!" The smear goes much deeper than this. Wanna know why the Pharisees are so hated?
Anyway, Luke 2 and Revelation.

Aristobulus 2 and his son: Revelation again.

Antigonus Mattahias: Here is the match-up with "It has taken 46 years to build this sanctuary".

"The Old Man by the Pool": Hyrcanus 2: This is the correct match-up with the "Old Man by the Pool". Hyrcanus 2 is killed by Herod in 30 BCE. As in:

John 5: 2 - 9:

[2]Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Hebrew called Beth-za'tha, which has five porticoes.
[3] In these lay a multitude of invalids, blind, lame, paralyzed.
[5] One man was there, who had been ill for thirty-eight years.
[6] When Jesus saw him and knew that he had been lying there a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be healed?"
[7] The sick man answered him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is troubled, and while I am going another steps down before me."
[8] Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your pallet, and walk."
[9] And at once the man was healed, and he took up his pallet and walked.

8 + (-38) = (-30) <=> 30 BCE.

Herod has finished them the job. All of the Hasmonaeans of the Lineal Priestly Rulers. Dead. He marries Mariamne and kills off the 2 male sons.

I truly apologize here. I sometimes sit at the keyboard and my eyes get big as saucers and a whirlwind ends up in front of me. I lost track of Hyrcanus 2, after deciding in favor of the order given above for a while and missed the Markers I'm telling everyone else to follow.

"The Woman with the 12 Year Issue of Blood" and "Jairus' Daughter": 8 + (-12) = (-4) <=> 4 BCE. The Temple Slaughter as seen by the Priests. The Nation becomes Ritually Unclean. There is now left the rise of the Political Return conceived by Jairus. With the end of the Hasmonaeans all that is left are those who claim the fortresses as their home. Thank you, Salome. The Priesthood has one last call to glory. Passover. Herod is gone. Archelaus is gone. Coponius is the Procurator.

One last call.

Charles

Messages In This Thread
Senior Moment! - by Charles Wilson - 12-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Re: Senior Moment! - by Charles Wilson - 12-05-2012, 02:47 AM