Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translations Compared: Eastern or Western?
Thirdwoe Wrote:
Quote:from were you got the information that the Diatessaron agrees with the Peshitta?

Mic,

I checked the wording of the Diatessaron's text, in many places, and there are certain readings and features only found in the Peshitta, which are also found in the text of the Diatessaron. This tells me that they came from the same source text. The Greek versions do not have these things, but the Aramaic does.

Go find the text of the Diatessaron and compare it's readings with that of The Peshitta's readings... and then you can see what I see there. I'm not going to do all the work for you, Mic...You need to do it yourself. For you, it's better that way.

Quote:We have no Aramaic version, so how can someone say for sure it agrees with the Peshitta?

Mic,

We don't, and we can't...but the scribe who translated it into the Arabic did...and he did a fine job too. He was an Aramaic speaker who also knew Arabic. His translation is available in the English language if you can't read Arabic.

We also don't have any Greek copies of the NT from the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd centuries, so how do we know that the readings we find in the extant texts that we can study today, are the original readings of the original Greek version? How can we say for sure if what we have today agrees with the original form of the Greek version that Christians used in the 1st century?

Mic, are you like the Apostle Thomas, who needed to put his fingers in the wounds...before he could believe?

Shlama,
Chuck

Yes Chuck,
I wish to be like Saint Thomas, he died for his believe in our Lord Yeshua in India,
that was the other side of the coin,please do not forget this!!!
The oldest fragment of the Greek John is from 125 AD, by the way as you said by yourself,
we have no original text's not in Greek and not in Aramaic!
But have a look on this list:
We now have early and very early evidence for the text of the New Testament. A classified list of the most important manuscripts will make this clear. Numbers preceded by a P refer to papyri, the letters refer to parchment manuscripts.

ca. A.D. 200 250 300 350 450

Matthew P45 B Sin.
Mark P45 B Sin. A
Luke P4,P45,P75 B Sin. A
John P66 P45,P75 B Sin. A
Acts P45 B Sin. A
Romans-Hebrews P46 B Sin. A
James-Jude P72,B Sin. A
Apocalypse P47 Sin. A

No Greek texts between 100 and 300? There are some as you can see click this link please as well:
http://www.usefulcharts.com/religion/old...ripts.html

Kind regards
Michael

Messages In This Thread
Re: Translations Compared: Eastern or Western? - by mickoy - 02-09-2013, 10:55 PM