Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha
Thirdwoe,
Now you supported your statement with verses from Peshitta. I like that and I deeply appreciate that.

I think you are expecting return of Christ (in his physical form) with a physical kingdom.

I want to point out something - We cannot take "everything" literally in Bible.

Here are some examples.

We know that Jews were expecting the return of Elijah before the return of the Christ (Matthew 17:10-13). We also know this from Prophet Malachi (Malachi 4:5). But we know that Elijah didn't comeback "physically." But came back "spiritually." Disciples were expecting Elijah to return "physically." This can be seen in Matthew 17:10. Yeshua Meshikha answers their question in Matthew 17:11-13.

Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.? Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist (Matthew 17:11-13 NIV).

John the Baptist came before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous?to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. This is mentioned in Luke 1:17.

Let me take another example.

John 2:18-22 (NIV) - "The Jews then responded to him, ?What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?? Jesus answered them, ?Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.? They replied, ?It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?? But the temple he had spoken of was his body. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken."

The Jews took the meaning literally.

Acts 1:11 (Murdock) - "and saying to them: Ye Galilean men, why stand ye and look toward heaven? This Jesus, who is taken up from you to heaven, will so come, as ye have seen him ascend to heaven."

But don't take this literally.

I don't "think" we can use "same way" because we know that there are differences in his return. You may ask that what are the differences?

Let me take Mark 13:26 (Murdock) - "And then will they see the Son of man coming in the clouds, with great power and glory." So don't take everything literally.

Let me take Matthew 27:52-53 - "and graves were opened; and many bodies of saints who slept, arose, and came forth; and, after his resurrection, entered into the holy city, and appeared to many."

Aside from mentioning in Gospels, we know that there is no historical record of this. But does that mean it didn't happen? No. Both You and me know that it did happen.

Not only that, Apostle James points out that the coming of the Lord was near to the people who lived during that time (James 5:7-9).

Apostle Peter also wrote this in 1 Peter 4:7 (Murdock) - "But the end of all things approacheth: therefore be sober, and be wakeful for prayer." Apostle Paul also mentions about that Yeshua Meshikha returning in "a little" time in Hebrews 10:37. Remember, we know that he was writing this to the people who lived during his time. If the end didn't happen during that period of time, then Apostle Paul, Apostle Peter and Apostle James will become frauds.

What I am trying to say is Yeshua Meshikha returned to establish his "spiritual" kingdom. We know that God is a spirit (John 4:24). So his kingdom is a spiritual kingdom. Not a physical kingdom. Like Yeshua Meshikha said - "For God is a Spirit; and they that worship him, should worship in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24 Murdock Translation). Elijah didn't return physically. Elijah returned "spiritually."

What I believe is Yeshua Meshikha conquered spiritual death and finally established his spiritual kingdom in the final battle in AD 70 during the destruction of Jerusalem. But my post is getting too long. I will explain more later.

Messages In This Thread
Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by konway87 - 08-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by konway87 - 08-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by distazo - 08-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by HSB - 08-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by HSB - 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by distazo - 08-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by HSB - 08-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by judge - 08-30-2012, 04:39 AM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by judge - 08-30-2012, 05:04 AM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by judge - 08-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Re: Second coming of Yeshua Meshikha - by judge - 08-30-2012, 05:05 AM