Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom of Heaven
:

Quote:Secondly, when Yeshau stands before the High priest he indicates in the gospel of Matthew that "You will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power" (matt 26:64). Again the other gospels refer to right hand of God; presumably "Power" is yet another substitute word for Yahweh.

Mark reads the same as Matthew does. "Power".

Clement of Alexandria also shows us that it was in his copy of Mark's account of the Gospel. He lived from about the years 153-217 A.D.

Here is the quote: "Now, in the Gospel according to Mark, the Lord being interrogated by the chief of the priests if He was the Christ, the Son of the blessed God, answering, said, ?I am; and ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power.?

It's interesting that Luke, who had gathered many eye witness accounts in compiling his narrative to what took place during the ministry of Christ, gives this reading below.

Luke 22:69 "Henceforth The Son of Man will be sitting at the right hand of the power of Alaha."

So, even though Matthew and Mark do not add the last part of Christ's statement ("of Alaha") to the High Priest, Christ did indeed say it, according to what Luke has recorded. Note: Tertullian the early Latin Church father, who lived about the years 160-225 A.D. witnesses to this reading in his copy of Luke's Gospel, in book 4 of his 5 books against the teachings of Marcion the heretic. He qoutes it thus: "?Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.?

Though, it is odd that Tatian does not choose to add this bit of information from Luke's narrative, just using the verses in Matthew and Mark, in his Gospel?s Harmony (The Diatessaron - 160 A.D.) It reads thus: "I say unto you, that henceforth ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

I was told once, by a Greek Primacy advocate, that the Arabic translation of the Diatessaron, which has been translated into English, and is the standard version, is just an edited version of Tatian's original work in Greek, made to conform to the readings of the Aramaic Peshitta, by a Church of the East monk...but this shows here that it is not, as the Peshitta has this information in Luke's account, but the Arabic Diatessaron does not. I have also found another place where it's not the same in the Diatessaron and the Peshitta.

Shlama,
Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom of Heaven - by HSB - 06-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Re: Kingdom of Heaven - by Thirdwoe - 06-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Re: Kingdom of Heaven - by HSB - 06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Re: Kingdom of Heaven - by Thirdwoe - 08-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Re: Kingdom of Heaven - by HSB - 08-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Re: Kingdom of Heaven - by Thirdwoe - 08-30-2012, 04:12 AM