Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..."
aspiring2slavery Wrote:Furthermore we see that Paul talks of the observance of Holy Days, New Moons, and Sabbaths as being present tense Shadows of things to come (Future Tense). When we compare this with Paul's own life, where he himself kept the Festivals (read Acts), and with the record of the first 250 years of Church History in the West where they all clearly kept the Sabbath and the Festivals. Aswell as the history of the pre-Roman Catholic Church of the East (notably in India and China) which all kept the Seventh-day Sabbath for over a thousand years, and kept Kosher ("the Nestorians eat no pork and keep the Sabbath [New Schaff Hertog Encyclopedia "Nestorians"]; the 16th century Indians were killed by the Portugese Roman Catholics for being "Judaisers" who kept Kosher and observed the Sabbath etc; and the entire church in China was called the "Hwuy that abstain from animals that do not have cloven feet"). It becomes overwhealmingly clear that Colossians 2 is in support of Torah-observance, or at the very least, is NOT teaching against Torah-observance.

What you are saying here is really interesting. Where can I find more information about this? I am interested in having more information about what the church did before Constatine. Can you suggest me a book? Can you send me the info in a private message? I don't want to break the rules of the forum.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..." - by carlosmendoza - 05-26-2012, 07:41 PM