Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bauscher Peshitta Translation
Thirdwoe Wrote:I have a copy of The Scriptures by The Institute for Scripture Research, for that type thing. It has most of the hard work already done and the large edition has gobs of room for notes...and follows a Greek text which is closer to the Peshitta's text than the NASB does.

Shlama,
Chuck

Shlama Akhi Chuck:
What I say to you, I say to all. There comes a time when English translations must give way to learning to read, and understand the Aramaic text with all its nuances and idioms. One could literally spend a lifetime looking for the perfect translation and not find it. There are just too many things to be considered. Most of us are learning little by little and I see myself in this place, as I endeavour to understand Aramaic as it's written, line by line and find it an adventure which is extremely rewarding though I have a very long way to go, while getting my bearings straight and in line.
This is the only way one can truly master the Aramaic Peshitta text of the Bible. To my understanding this is why Shamasha Paul Younan has stopped translating the Peshitta Interlinear New Testament. It's time to grow up and take our places as adults and grow in sound doctrine, by asking pertinent questions making bold our understanding of the text of the Peshitta New Testrament. All of this makes for bold conversation which is far mor valuable than trying to cut and paste a theology based upon previous writers. Yes we have our forefathers as a great guide but even the most experienced translator misses some of the idioms. There is no greater thrill than to find some of these idioms and peculiar ways of speach, and there are many many or them just waiting to be found.
Endeavouring down this path may lead to clouded areas but you will receive your own reward for your personal labours in the effort.
I wish each and every one of you all the best as you make an honest endeavour to do so and our Gracious MarYa will reward eack and every one of you as you join in.

Shlama,
Stephen Silver
Forum Moderator.

Messages In This Thread
Paul Phillip Levertoff - by Stephen Silver - 04-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Re: David Bauscher Peshitta Translation - by Stephen Silver - 05-04-2012, 05:07 AM