Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on translation updates in 4th Edition AENT

Shlama Luc,

Where does it say that it was the evening of the 13th? But the evening of the 13th, would be the morning of the 14th...so they ate the meal on the 14th that Evening...and the next day, still the 14th, Messiah was crucified.

If it was Evening that they ate, it was the start of the 14th day...after the 13th day had already ended. They went to prepare the meal on the afternoon of the 13th.

After supper, they went to the Garden to pray...and there Messiah was arrested late that night which would have been the 14th.

As it is written "Between the evenings" sounds to me like "between the evenings". Between one evening and the next evening. Not between the Evening and the next afternoon, or afternoon and the Evening. Maybe some can interpret it that way...but its rather a stretch I say...the simple reading makes sense to me.

Perhaps God, knowing that Messiah would not be able to eat the Passover meal, as was the practice in that generation, with His disciples at the end of the 14th day...had spoke it this way, so He could eat it with them at the start of the 14th day, and abide by the commandment.

And where does it say that this meal they ate was a "Sedar" meal? It says in many places that this was the "Passover" meal.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Feedback on translation updates in 4th Edition AENT - by Thirdwoe - 08-26-2011, 02:04 AM