Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The book of daily prayer of the Assyrian Church of the East
Dear beloved Rafa in Yashua,Berek Alaha! In my own exsperience with the Jesus Prayer,I find praying it in Aramaic because of the deeper nuances present in the Aramaic enrich it for me as well as its rhythm and cadence in Aramaic.Because it is a short prayer,yet very profound as it carries our entire faith and creed within it,it is easy to fully understand the full,deep and profound meanings in the original Aramaic.Although English is my first and spoken language,I prefer praying it in English.No matter what language one may speak,read and understand,praying the Jesus prayer is a wonderful spiritual exercise that truely deepens and enriches our exsperiential relationship with our Mari Yashua Mshekha.All the rest of my prayers I pray in English but use the proper Divine names for Almighty God the Father,God the Son,and God the Holy Spirit.MarYah for God the Father and the Holy trinity,Yashua Msheekha for God the Son,and Ruach Ha Kodesh for the Holy Spirit.I will also use Alaha and Mari.In Yashua,D.Michael.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The book of daily prayer of the Assyrian Church of the E - by berekaloho - 04-08-2011, 12:22 AM