Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic word for "sorcery?" Does it literally mean drug use?
I know the greek for sorcery does, drugs open up your spirit to the spirit realm, we can have fun in God. Have you seen some of the logos for medical science, with one snake on a pole or two snakes on a pole. Most of us know who the snake is.
As far as the greek goes pharmakia, the word for sorcery means anyone who takes drugs or sells drugs. I do not take drugs even when I am sick, I would rather trust the Lord Jesus. In mark 15-23 ' And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh, but he received it not'. Here was Jesus hanging on the cross in agony and they offered him a drug, myrrh, a painkiller and He would not drink it. In the garden He was sweating blood, did He try to get the nearest doctor, no, He kept praying and later on angels came to minister to Jesus.
Now many take drugs, have a look at revelation 9-21 ' Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries.....
And also revelation 18-23-' for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived'
Jesus said the road to heaven is narrow and few there be that that find it and 'wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and many there be which go in thereat' . 'Strive to enter the narrow gate'.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aramaic word for "sorcery?" Does it literally mean drug - by sean - 02-16-2011, 09:17 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 02-17-2011, 03:52 AM