Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um....are we sure Maryah always = LORD?
I think Ivan is speaking of the occurrences where "The Messenger of MarYa" appears unto Men from time to time, such as unto Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Gideon and Manoah...and in every place, it seems that it?s MarYa Himself, not just one of His regular Malake/Messengers, such as Gabriel.

Many through the centuries have noticed this, and have taught that these special appearances to certain Men, are actually the pre-incarnate Miltha/Word, who would later come to be manifested in humanity as The Messiah. I found this quik study on it at the link below, which will give something to chew on for starters.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2012/01/13/feedback-old-testament-theophanies">http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... heophanies</a><!-- m -->

Here is the passage, which I think is the closest thing in Scripture where a Messenger of MarYa might be referred to as MarYa Himself, if the Hebrew and Aramaic text are reliable here. The Dead Sea Scrolls does not preserve the passage, unfortunately.

Judges 6: 11-14
11 Now, The Messenger of MarYa came and sat under the Terebinth at Ophrah, which belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon was beating out wheat in the winepress to hide it from the Midianites.
12 And The Messenger of MarYa appeared unto him and said unto him, ?MarYa is with you, O mighty man of valor.?
13 And Gideon said unto him, ?Please, my Master (Mari), if MarYa is with us, why then has all this happened unto us? And where are all his wonderful deeds that our fathers recounted unto us, saying, ?Did not MarYa bring us up from Egypt?? But now, MarYa has forsaken us and given us into the hand of Midian.?
14 And MarYa turned unto him and said, ?Go in this might of yours and save Israel from the hand of Midian; do not I send you??

So, here, The Messenger of MarYa seems to be revealed to be MarYa Himself...see verse 14. This is the reading of the Aramaic text from the 7th century copy we have today. The Hebrew Masoretic text copy we have today reads "YHWH", though The Greek Septuagint text we have today reads "The Messenger of Kyrios".

Messages In This Thread
Re: Um....are we sure Maryah always = LORD? - by Thirdwoe - 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM