Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philoxian vs harklean Revelation
distazo Wrote:Shlama Stephen,

I'll comment on two things. I paraphrase your thoughts.

"The books were not handed to the CoE until the middle ages."

Well, it has been said that the CoE was founded by Tawma (Thomas) and he had 22 books when he left to Babylon. The other 5 books could be written and received by the Asian assemblies later?

"The used Aramaic in the 5 books (Crawford) is beautifull because there were skilled Aramaic writers who could translate the Greek original 'as if' it were very authentic."

If that's the case, the whole Peshitta is a probably a fake too. It's poetic, its grammatically OK. The Greek is not (always) because of some skilled Greek/Aramaic translators.

Shlama:
Let's be clear. The only books that that Peter passed on to Mar Thoma in Babylon were the 22 book Eastern Aramaic Peshitta. The W-5 didn't appear to the ACoE till the Middle Ages. Sorry if I did not make that clear enough for you.

I have a copy of the Crawford manuscript in its entirety on microfilm. Yes it is beautiful but it is Western. Hebrews 2:9 shws the difference between Eastern and Western reading. The Eastern Peshitta reads "hu gir s'tar min Alaha" (for he apart from Alaha) while the Western reading and hence the Crawford Codex reads "hu gir b'taybutha Alaha" (for he by the grace of Alaha). Again, the Crawford is beautiful along with the Passion story and the W-5 is the Western reading called "peshitto".

Shlama,
Stephen Silver
Dukhrana Biblical Research
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukhrana.com">http://www.dukhrana.com</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread
Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 12-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 12-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 12-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by Stephen Silver - 01-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by ograabe - 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by Andrej - 01-07-2011, 02:51 PM