Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Targum and Sermon on the Mount
Shlama to you Kara,

You've not really clarified anything except to prove that you can cut and paste other people's opinions. I don't understand your problem. The Talmud is a very organic thing, and the last thing it is is monolothic. They copy, edit, interpret, re-interpret. Again, Acts 6:7. Again, learn to focus and really give me an answer instead of pontificating rejections. At the very least, learn to ask a question.

And you have some nerve to call what I do ad-hominem? Exactly what do you think you have been doing? You are very disrespectful and you started that way without any provocation. Then obviously when such is pointed out to you, you don't care. That's fine, but just understand: I don't need to waste my time with people who insult me. I have many good intentioned folks of all faiths who actually value what I have to say, so if you want MY TIME, you better change your act. You don't, at best I will ignore you and at worst I will delete your posts if they continue in nastiness. Go ahead man, try my resolve. See what happens.

Yes there was hostility between Christians, Jews and Nazarenes but there was also a lot of dialogue and cross-pollenization going on. Yes we know the Gospels are before the Talmud. I suggest you read Mas Shabbath 116a before trying to "prove" otherwise. If you really think the earliest Greek or Aramaic NT goes back is close to the end of the second century then I really can't help you. I guess I was wrong to assume you were literate enough of the research here that points in the direction of late first century NT formation. You can disagree with that of course, but spare me the diatribe as if most scholars don't think this. And distinguish between mss and chain of evidence while you look at the matter.

Both the NT and the Talmud are in fact reactions to Messianic controversies and the destruction of Jerusalem. The Talmud and other rabbinic polemics developed later from this time, about 200-600 CE. Oh and in case you missed it: Y'shua, his followers and almost every NT writer save perhaps Luke were are JEWISH, and JEWS disagreed and held a wide variety of opinions about Y'shua. I am a Jewish follower of Y'shua and I am not alone, so that should demonstrate to you that not all Jews hated Messiah. By the way I was baptized by a COE priest of Jewish descent too. Chew on that.

FOR THE RECORD IT IS FINE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME. DO SO ALL YOU WANT. IT IS THE WAY YOU DISAGREE THAT BOTHERS ME. YOUR TONE IS HORRIBLE AND YOUR MANNER ABRASIVE. IF YOU WERE NICER, NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVED, YOU WOULD FIND ME MUCH NICER TOO. I AM IF NOTHING ELSE CONSISTENT.

Finally, you also seem to think I only used one source, that book. I have documented my source materials extensively in my books and try to take something from each while doing my own research, translations, etc. No one source is the linchpin of my conclusions. I also use the Mishnah by Jacob Neusber and the many Talmudic resources like Rodkinson that are public domain and on the web. I have a pretty good home library too.

If you have a problem with the full sweep of that one book, I suggest you go and talk to that author. My use of a book doesn't mean I 100% agree with it or speak as a representative for the author or use the argument therein from soup to nuts. Again, this goes to your pattern of all or nothing, black or white. It is is a clear sign that you are not open to really exploring things. I don't know what your hiding, but I know that you are. It might be helpful, for example, if you simply said what it is you believe and why rather than just say you are against what I believe. Then perhaps I could respond in kind.

As for the rest, I know the culture and history of my own people. I am done with you, and I warn you strongly not to push me. You've been warned.
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Christina - 03-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 03-09-2009, 03:50 AM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-09-2009, 05:23 AM