Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Targum and Sermon on the Mount
Shlama Akhi Rafa,

I don't pretend to know the full history of this. I just noticed the passage. As for the Talmud, it is far more of a concordance than just Judah the Prince, although that is an obvious example I use in the other post. There are other later rabbis who did this too. And it is also possible that earlier rabbis, like Hilel, had influence on Y'shua too. Y'shua seems to get very close to quoting Hillel's dictum, "the sabbath is given into your hands, not you into it's hands".

It is well known that the first two centuries of the common era had many materials expunged from the Talmud that might have shown a Christian or Nazarene influence. I quoted Acts 6:7 as proof of this kind of movement generally. In more recent years, previously obscured materials have come to light, as was the point of the book and article I mentioned.

Finally, no I don't believe Gamaliel was ever converted. If he had, that would have also been recorded on the Jewish side. They would have declared him MINNIM. I find it on the level of the legends that Josephus was bishop of Jerusalem in an almost Catholic manner--kind of doubt that. Gamaliel wrote a parody on Matthew's gospel that may have been the inspiration for the Toldot Yeshu.
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Christina - 03-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 03-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Re: Targum and Sermon on the Mount - by Kara - 03-09-2009, 05:23 AM