Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daughter Of A Voice
Shlama akhi Stephen,

i'm burning more and more midnight oil than ever -- my firstborn son is a year old today and so much attention needs to go toward him that my only real free time is after the sun/son goes down.

thanks for your extended thoughts. you've obviously put alot of time into this. i can see how your perspective could very well have been the case. when you start putting the pieces together from across the board it does seem to imply what you're proposing. this has been very helpful -- when i stumbled across that phrase in Timothy it really surprised me.
also, it is instances of this type in the Peshitta that i think could be utilized in discussions with Rabbinical Jewish believers that might end up serving to show them just how "Semitic" of a document the New Testament really is when you step away from the glorified Greek texts and back to the Aramaic. if they could see this difference between a b'nath qalee and the leading of the Rukha d'Qadusha, and how the latter is obviously to be preferred over the former, you would think it would be a helpful step towards redemption for them.

it is these types of Semitic subtleties of the Peshitta which have value on more than one level: primacy advocate in showing the use of Aramaic both in Luqa and Timothy, as well as for possible evangelical tools to those familiar with such Semitic phrases.

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Messages In This Thread
Daughter Of A Voice - by Burning one - 12-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Re: Daughter Voice - by Stephen Silver - 12-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Re: Daughter Of A Voice - by Burning one - 12-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Re: Daughter Of A Voice - by Burning one - 12-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Re: Daughter Of A Voice - by Stephen Silver - 12-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Re: Daughter Of A Voice - by Burning one - 12-25-2008, 08:46 AM