Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of Mari are online
Shlama to you Parthia, and welcome to the forum.

Those are some very interesting pics you showed, so thank you for that.

I should also point out that here at peshitta.org we also have an interlinear of Matthew done by our own Paul Younan and it is very good, but of course I hope AENT/Mari can be of help in any way to advance the cause of Aramaic NT primacy all over the world. We have great resources here including the SEDRA lexicon and links all over the web that show the best in ongoing Peshitta research, like Stephen Silver's <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukhrana.com">www.dukhrana.com</a><!-- w --> which has the Khabouris Codex transcribed and the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon. There is a lot of help available here in addition to just me.

As for putting AENT into German, I try not to say no to anything. I have had requests over the long gestation of this project from people asking for versions in French, Spanish and Italian, so this does not surprise me. But I have no real German knowledge apart from a little Yiddish, and it sounds like you are doing this precise work yourself.

I am glad to help in English of course, and since AENT just hit it is probably going to be a while before things settle down a bit. However, I cannot emphasize enough that you should definitely communicate with my publisher Baruch. I leave these things totally in his hands and he is very responsive. You can ask him this or anything related to AENT at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@aent.org">info@aent.org</a><!-- e -->. I am open to just about anything along these lines because the Peshitta is bigger than all of us and the more languages it is in, the better off the world is.
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Re: Photos of Mari are online - by Christina - 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Re: Photos of Mari are online - by bar Sinko - 10-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Re: Photos of Mari are online - by Parthia - 10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Re: Photos of Mari are online - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 10-21-2008, 10:17 PM