Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AENT Translation Question
Shlama all--

That is odd and not how I recall my final reading. Something may have happened after the digital print as I agree with Paul that l'aylin is "to them" and usually if I feel there should be another reading I will footnote why. The "those" appears to have been transposed somehow in the wrong part of the sentence.

It was meant to read as Paul's did:

mitil hada ana amar (because of this I say)
ana d'ela nehwon (I that not you should be)
shaqin l'aylin demin aimma (oppressors to them who from the Gentiles)
metpeneyn lwat Alaha (are turning to Elohim)

This will go in an errata file that we will also be putting up on the website hopefully soon. It has been our plan to do this all along precisely for scenarios that can happen like this one. People will be free to email me or post there any and all such issues. I thought I had it in English as:

Because of this I say that you should not be oppressors to them from the Gentiles who are turning to Elohim.

Nolt sure why that got turned around but I will find out. Sorry for any confusion, but again, Mari will be under constant review between editions online even if it is to correct spelling problems or syntax on occasion. I know I found a few minor things right towards the end but this one could have gotten by me, Baruch or Shali--but I suspect it had more to do with how the final digital editors may have moved some tiny things. Still I regret the error.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
The AENT Translation Question - by Thirdwoe - 10-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Re: The AENT Translation Question - by Thirdwoe - 10-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Re: The AENT Translation Question - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 10-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Re: The AENT Translation Question - by Thirdwoe - 10-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Re: The AENT Translation Question - by Christina - 10-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Re: The AENT Translation Question - by Thirdwoe - 10-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Re: The AENT Translation Question - by Christina - 10-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Re: The AENT Translation Question - by Thirdwoe - 10-04-2008, 08:55 PM