Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To my good friend Ryan
Shlama all--

I wanted to write a public apology to Ryan Dooley. As most of you know I believe that public errors deserve public resolution, and this is what I will try earnestly to do.

Ryan emailed me earlier today to tell me he was very hurt by our exchanges and I also expressed to him why I felt hurt and said what I said. That is between him and I and for everyone's sake I don't wish to revisit that here unless he wishes to. The important thing that I want Ryan and all of you to know is that I overreacted. There are many reasons why this happened with me that have nothing to do with him. I most certainly am very sensitive when people put the words "lose inheritance" and "Israel" in the same sentence and suggest they have control over such. Ryan didn't mean it that way--but for me it went back to something the Nazis used to say, "I will decide who is a Jew". I have Holocaust survivors and victims in my family so this is a soft spot for me, no doubt excaerbated by my injury for the past 2 months and other hardships and some other nasty things that I would rather not get into.

That is, my friends, an explanation but NOT an excuse for what I said back to Ryan. So let me be clear: I was wrong to articulate those feelings and I was wrong not to make any differentiation between those words and who was saying them and in what context. The exercise did not catch me at my best and I regret the hurt I caused. If I had known the level of pain Ryan had there is no way I would have said these things in spite of my own hurt. It simply would not have happened, and he was right to say to me that life and death are in the tongue, for so Scripture teaches. I stand befor eall of you properly rebuked and chastened.

Ryan has also explained to me things that were not apparent in his previous posts here. The main point that had the most resonance to me was that he was trying to say that my general support for some form of two house theology lended creedence to a simlar view he has and was debating on. I kind of got more caught up in being compared without clarification to Moshe K and another person that I also have huge disagreements with. I explained to Ryan that it was important to me that I not have their taint, even inadvertently, but even so, again, I was wrong and I was out of line.

I apologize to my dear brother Ryan and to everyone here at peshitta.org who may have been uncomfortable with the thread. I take my anger back because it never should have come out in the first place.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
To my good friend Ryan - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 09-28-2008, 04:12 AM
Re: To my good friend Ryan - by Amatsyah - 09-28-2008, 06:25 AM