Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Andrew Gabriel Roth About Mari/PEACE
Shlama Akhi Spyridon,

That makes a lot of sense--no worries.

But understand please where I am coming from before I move on. Of course you have a right to ask me about theology, methodology, etc. However, up until now you have not asked me. You have, instead, made blanket statements as if they are facts and you were caught in a few, shall we say, misperceptions. You have furthermore in those statements not qualfied what you meant by "out of the mainstream", etc. That is what I was calling you on. Again, you can ASK me anything you like, but you simply proclaimed instead. But you can quote my writings online or here and ask what I mean, surely.

Now, I don't take offense at you using just my last name either. I just prefer you call me "Andrew". Believe me when I tell you I am not your typical "public figure" (I doubt I am that at all) in that I have no use for titles. I don't even let people call me "rabbi" okay, even though I know they mean it with deep respect.

Finally, I appreciate your admission in terms of knowledge of Nazarene history and not being able to analyze my work at this present time. The thing is, I don't like to get theological here for a variety of reasons even though over the years people here and investigating my writings know where I stand. But when I perceived a "Judaizing" attack, I felt my back was against the wall.

On the other hand, I may have overreacted to you a little, first because I didn't know you, second because I just didn't like the way you addressed yourself and third mostly because I have had too many folks saying mis-information about my beliefs of late. I am sorry if I was overly harsh, because I think some of that negative energy was not caused by you. Nevertheless, I still think you could have worded things a bit better. I don't have to agree with you to respect or even like you a lot, and certainly not to explain myself, which I am fine doing with you.

Do we have an understanding then? Friends?

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Re: To Andrew Gabriel Roth About Mari/PEACE - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 09-10-2008, 01:08 AM