Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heresy of Polygamy Has Infiltrated the Netzarim!
Shlama Akhi Dawid,

So let me see if I have this correct:

You admit that you don't have:

1) The resources to be able to type cogently.
2) The quality library of biblical resources that I do.
3) The historical expertise that I have (with respect to how this topic squarely relates to the wider biblical world)
4) The translation ability that I have (you still don't get KHAD).

BUT---

Your view is correct and mine is wrong?

Look "dude", since you called me this, you can't assume equal credibility here and then cry you don't have equal resources. If you don't know the history, you need to look it up. If you don't have the Scripture you need to get it. If you can't challenge my facts when they are RELEVANT then your view that is LACKING THOSE FACTS cannot be on an equal footing with mine. It is as simple as that. A better argument in line with your position may theoretically be out there, but you are not in a position to deliver it with your issues here.

If you feel your view is as scriptural as mine, you need to prove it. You have not. Instead you have spoken of "mutual admiration societies" as if there isn't genuine information being shared with you.

If you can't stand the Scriptural heat, get out of the halachic kitchen. I need citations and evidence, not lofty opinion-speak without proof.

I don't think you will prevail here. I admit I am not perfect, but I think I have proven my case on multiple fronts that you have honestly not dealt with.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Re: Heresy of Polygamy Has Infiltrated the Netzarim! - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 09-29-2008, 01:59 AM