Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heresy of Polygamy Has Infiltrated the Netzarim!
Amatsyah Wrote:Shlama all,

I felt this was enough to put the fear of God into any man's soul! It literally took my breath away when I read it. It was like getting conked over the head. It has such a "prophetic tone" to it -

Quote:As the the only girl here (well most of the time) I'd like to clarify where I stand concerning this polygyny issue:

I as well do not throw out the Torah but the Torah is NOT above YHWH Himself. YHWH made only one woman for Adam, and Yeshua, who IS the creator, YHWH in the flesh hammers this point home when he answers the Preesha ("...when the CREATOR made them male and female..."). The Tanakh is clear that monogamy is YHWH's creation while polygany was man's idea! Also Shaul is absolutely clear that a wife has COMPLETE authority over her husband's body and vice versa, IOW:

My husband's body belongs to me and I decide what he can do with it! I say he is NOT to have sex with anyone but me until I'm dead, AND because Shaul state earlier that sex is a requirement in marriage, that means he can't take another wife. IF he goes against my wishes (and YHWH's btw) then he commits adultery and I therefore have grounds to divorce him, end of story!

And I felt that this was enough to put the fear of God into any human's soul - Who, seriously, can argue with Scripture properly exegeted? I once lingered on a thought that 'true exegesis is the martial art'. I can't read The Refiner's Fire material without getting the sense of a true exegete drawing out from Scripture -

Quote:There are other mechanisms I could bring to bear for the rest of what you said, but I want you focus on what I wrote here. I also wish you would read my article on the Refiners Fire because it is clear you are not seeing the Scripture. I say this again all respect and peace, but Torah commands that I lovingly rebuke error, and this is a big one.
I really do not like mutual admiration clubs.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Heresy of Polygamy Has Infiltrated the Netzarim! - by Dawid - 09-21-2008, 12:38 PM