Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question For Torah Keeping Messianics
David Bauscher wrote:
Quote:Wrong, Steve. He was speaking to 4 disciples (Kapha,Yaqob,Yokhannan and Andraus; see Mark 13:3). Just because they are Jewish does not mean He was speaking to all Jewish people or the nation of Israel. Those four were the only people there, according to the text: Cephas and James and John and Andrew asked him, privately:Tell us, when will these things be? and what will be the sign that these things approach their consummation? -Mark 13:3

Shlama Akhi David:
It makes no difference whether Yeshua was speaking to four Jewish disciples in Mark 13 or to all of his Jewish disciples in Matthew 24. It's the same message. Matthew 24:34 uses the word "sherbata" and its extended meaning is "race, tribe, nation or people" beside "generation". Basically, "extreme preterism" does not allow one to look at things flexibly from either an historicist or futurist eschatological viewpoint. The text is the same, but it is interpreted differently for each view. I will be vigilant, never to narrow my viewpoint by sucking up to any of these camps. I love the scriptures too much to do violence to the Word of God.
Also akhi, I have no personal feelings or opinions that will be of any use here. Keep your opinion and live a happy life. I'm just trying to weigh each passage in light of the rest of scripture so that I don't analyze any passage of scripture isogetically. One can err by narrowing one's view so much as to ignore the prophecies of the TN"K. That's about it, akhi. Be well.

Shlama,
Stephen
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukhrana.com">http://www.dukhrana.com</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread
Get on Topic-Sherbata - by Stephen Silver - 06-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Re: Get on Topic-Sherbata - by *Albion* - 06-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Re: A Question For Torah Keeping Messianics - by Stephen Silver - 06-16-2008, 09:34 PM