Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian
Shlama,

Frist, I want to make it clear that it was a young Jewish lady who first helped me to really understand The New Testament, and to tell me how a Relationship to Messiah could actually work.

This was in 1971, there were NO "Messianic Jews" then, or "Nazarenes" then.....there were some "Hebrew Christians" then, but I doubt that there were any in 1971 Little Rock, Arkansas, where I grew up.

The young lady who Introduced me to Messiah would have called herself one "of the Jesus People".

I write this here, because I don't know if it belongs in the Messianic/Nazarene Section of the Forum.

If you look at the dialogue between Dawid and Andrew Gabriel Roth, Dawid seems to say that the Christians worship ANOTHER GOD, and if I understand Dawid's idea's correctly, ANOTHER MESSIAH.

I personally find this to be elitist, racist (and I take it that "Dawid" is a Gentile, by birth) not to mention that it goes contrary to Messiah's OWN TEACHINGS.

I know that Andrew is Jewish, I know that Stephen Silver is Jewish, and I know that there are others here on this board who are Jewish, either fully Jewish by both parents, or part Jewish, by one parent.

I've always had a "heart" for Israel, and the Jewish people, especially since a Jewish person introduced me to Messiah. I've always wanted to 'pay back' that great debt! (or to borrow a movie title: to "PAY IT FORWARD").

Yes, I know that the State of Israel says descent must be from one's MOTHER, but that's not how YHWH seems to see it.

For someone to tell me that I worship ANOTHER GOD, and/or ANOTHER MESSIAH, well instantly, I hear Yeshua say "Judge NOT".

To think (for example) of the Assyrian Church of the East, and it's Jewish ROOTS, well would you tell Paul Younan or ANY other member of the Assyrian COE that they "worship another God"??

Is it Dawid's (OR ANYONE ELSE'S) right to pass judgements with this kind of spiritual magnitude?? I THINK NOT!

Let me give you an example, a few months ago, one Sabbath I drove a bit South of here to a "Messianic Torah Observant" congregation that meets in Cedar Falls, Iowa.

While the Tanakh WAS read, and there was some 'Davidic Dancing' ,THERE WAS NOT ONE WORD EVER MENTIONED ABOUT MESSIAH YESHUA, during the whole probably 2 or 3 hours of the Meeting.

If THIS is what Torah Observant "Messianic Judaism" is all about, then you can COUNT ME OUT.

Perhaps I'm a CHRISTIAN, and this is a title that I need to use.

I personally feel comfortable with "Messianic Gentile", but I DON'T want to be lumped within the kind of reverse racist, elitist group that people like Dawid, and his kind represent.

I went through the end of the 1960's, and the beginning of the 1970's, when spiritual searching, and FREEDOM were still in vogue.

Yes, I see a lot about SOME Christians that I DON'T like, but this elitist thing is worse than what I see the Christians doing (or NOT DOING.....as the case may be).

This is a post searching for something stable to hold onto to. A title that JUDGE'S NO ONE ELSE, and a group to belong to that will NOT be elitist and snobby.

Perhaps I'm just getting old, and crochety! lol

In Messiah Yeshua, Albion

Messages In This Thread
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by *Albion* - 05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM