Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Message For Beginners: The Lamsa Bible
Shlama Friends,

This is a spin-off from another post.

If you are NEW to the world of Peshitta Primacy, undoubtedly, one of the first names that you come across, is that of George M. Lamsa.

I used Lamsa's (1958 translation [I believe] from Holman Bible Publishers), for years myself, as there was NOTHING else translated into English from the Aramaic P'shitta New Testament (AT THAT TIME).

Now, here's the rub.

George Lamsa and (and his protege, and main student) Rocco Errico, both translated the P'shitta N.T. as though DEMONS ARE THE SAME THING AS 'MENTAL ILLNESS'.

Now, this clashes with what Maran Yeshua taught. PERIOD. No "if's", NO "but's", NO "maybe's".

In other places, George Lamsa negates the Devil being a spirit being, and Rocco Errico goes even FURTHER than that, by denying the devil, in the way that Yeshua clearly taught about him in The New Covenant.

THE DEVIL IS IS REAL.

As are demons.

Are SOME people who are demon possessed, ALSO suffering from a mental illness?

I would say that that is likely, but demon possession IS NOT THE SAME THING AS MENTAL ILLNESS.

If you are new to the world of Peshitta Primacy, the P'shitta New Testament teaches a A REAL DEVIL, who wants to ship wreck the human race, steal your LIFE, and your soul.

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYONE WHO TEACHES OTHERWISE.

Even George M. Lamsa.
Lamsa was a sloppy translator IN SOME PLACES.

Take the New Covenant at face value. If it says that Yeshua 'faced off' with the devil in the desert, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE DID.

If the P'shitta N.T. says that Yeshua cast demons out of people, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE DID.

George M. Lamsa, or Rocco Errico, not withstanding.

I would strongly encourage A NEW STUDENTto AVOID GEORGE LAMSA'S WORKS ENTIRELY.

And I would ask you to remember what Messiah Yeshua said to His Talmidim (Disciples): "Don't rejoice that the demons are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in The Book of Life". (My paraphrase)

This IS NOT an attack on Akhan Otto, nor upon ANYONE ELSE here on the Board.

IT'S A WARNING from someone who has seen the devastation first hand, of what the devil (and his minions) can actually do.

Be CAREFUL reading the P'shitta. Just read it AS IT'S WRITTEN, and you won't go wrong.

Shlama in Yeshua, Albion

Messages In This Thread
A Message For Beginners: The Lamsa Bible - by *Albion* - 03-03-2008, 06:28 PM