Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hebrews 7:18
Shlama akhi Stephen,

To me , a word study is not the issue. Hebrews in its entirety is about a new covenant. The old covenant (The Torah covenant) is done away. That does not mean The Torah is done away, but The covenant based on the Torah.

As far as Heaven and earth passing, I read that Heaven and Earth ended when their Creator died on a cross. See Hebrews 9:26 & John 12:31-33. Isaiah 24 is a prophecy of this end, which would be accompanied by signs in the heavens and in the earth, specifically, the sun darkened at noon, a great earthquake in Judea, and Jehovah Himeself roaring from Mt Zion in Jerusalem.

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. {punish: Heb. visit upon}
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited. {as prisoners???: Heb. with the gathering of prisoners} {pit: or, dungeon} {visited: or, found wanting}
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. {before???: or, there shall be glory before his ancients}
1 ?? O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
2 For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.
3 Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.
4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
6 ?? And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. {destroy: Heb. swallow up} {cast: Heb. covered}
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9 ?? And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Joel 3
14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

18 ?? And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

Amos 1

2 And he said, The LORD will roar from Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the habitations of the shepherds shall mourn, and the top of Carmel shall wither.

Have you read Hebrews 12 ?

18 ?? For ye have not come to the fire that burned, and the tangible mount; nor to the darkness and obscurity and tempest;
19 nor to the sound of the trumpet, and the voice of words, which they who heard, entreated that it might no more be spoken to them;
20 for they could not endure what was commanded. And even a beast, if it approached the mountain, was to be stoned.
21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I fear and tremble.
22 (Sinai, the Mountain of Torah revelation) But ye have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the Jerusalem that is in heaven; and to the assemblies of myriads of angels;
23 and to the church of the first-born, who are enrolled in heaven and to God the judge of all; and to the spirits of the just, who are perfected;
24 and to Jesus, the Mediator of the new covenant; and to the sprinkling, of his blood, which speaketh better than that of Abel.

According to this word, we have entered Heaven and all things have been recreated in Jehovah The Messiah Son.

Who needs The Torah in Heaven ? We are free my brother.

15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

Blessings in The Risen God (& creation),

Dave Bauscher
Get my NT translations, books & articles at :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://aramaicnt.com">http://aramaicnt.com</a><!-- m --> and Lulu.com
I also have articles at BibleCodeDigest.com

Messages In This Thread
Hebrews 7:18 - by Stephen Allen - 05-22-2005, 01:22 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 05-23-2005, 08:38 PM
[No subject] - by Stephen Allen - 05-23-2005, 10:41 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 05-24-2005, 06:54 PM