Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please comment on "For this I was kept" mistransla
Shlama Don,

Nice try, but I vehemently disagree with this clinical and tidy
theological armchair approach to the agony and death of The Christ of God.
Where does the word "Shabaq" ever indicate that God could have left , or "spared" His Son and remained with Him at the same time ? All the examples of the word usage
imply that what is "left" is no longer with the one leaving it.

If our Lord meant to teach what your linked article says he did at that moment, He certainly chose the wrong words to teach it. The Greek and Aramaic churches of two millenia have certainly not gotten the impression that He meant to say His Father was still with Him.
What a ridiculous notion that Jesus was asking rhetorical questions of His God on the cross. Do you really think this was an academic exercise for Him ?
I think we Christians are totally detached from the power and trauma of the crucifixion of Jesus, Who I believe is The Jehovah God of the Heavens and the universe.
Are you aware that His death was spiritual as well as physical ? Please read Isaiah 53 and note the words "his soul" are used three times in connection with His sacrifice for sin, in vss. 10,11 & 12.
Have you also considered that He said " It is finished" before He died physically ? Actually, that's very obvious, yet I think few understand the implications.

Why would He have said, "It is finished.", if the atonement
had not even begun ? How would it have begun if His bodily death was the payment He had to offer to pay for the sin of the world ?

If Jesus did become sin for us, when did that happen ? Would there have been no indication of such a horrible transformation ?

As I understand it, the Gospels teach that God The Word had to become human in order to suffer and die for the sins of mankind. His offering was a complete one- Spirit , Soul and Body. As we are required to love God with all the heart, soul and strength, so He loved us. He laid down His Life- All of it !
There was no life in Jesus on the cross that did not die that day in the darkness from noon to three. I believe even His Father died with Him, as this was a disintegration of the very Godhead in its Central Person of The Son, in Whom all
consists and in Whom all the fulness of the Godhead dwells
bodily-Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
The Son was never abandoned; His Father was with His beloved unto the end and then died with Him .

I know this sounds insane to many. I actually have much scriptural support to give for this, however. I will "spare you" that tedium for now. All I will say is that "The love of Christ surpasses all knowledge and understanding" and that "Now He has appeared at the end of the world to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself."- which self was God. Heb. 9:26
2 But in these latter days, he hath conversed with us, by his Son; whom he hath constituted heir of all things, and by whom he made the worlds;
3 who is the splendor of his glory, and the image of himself, and upholdeth all by the energy of his word;
and by himself he made a purgation of sins, and sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.Hebrews 1:2,3 Murdock

Verse 3 uses the Aramaic phrase- "b'Qnomah" -"in His essential Nature and Being", Who created all things and upheld all things, to define that it was "in His Deity" that He
purged the sins of the world.

God died for us ,my brother. He died for all of us.

And He lives again and forevermore, having ended the old creation and made all things new in His resurrection, which He also had accomplished on the cross before He bowed His head and gave up His Spirit. How do I know that ?
Because He said so : "It is finished."
All the Gospel work was done then: Death, burial and resurrection- "Father, into Thy hands I commend My Spirit."
That was the resurrection of The Christ from the dead. "Father" indicates the oneness again of the Godhead.
"My God, My God" indicates the death of the Godhead.
The living Christ never addressed His Father in prayer as "My God" , as far as scripture tells us.
That was His death as becoming Sin for us.

Isaiah 24 & 25 says that the world would end and be made new again, as do other OT scriptures. In every one , the sun is darkened. See also Joel 3:9-18 and Amos 1, where with Isa. 24, we find Jehovah roaring from Jerusalem; reigning from Jerusalem after earthquakes and darkened sun. Amos said it would be darkened at noon !

The cross was the gallows of the Godhead & the whole creation ; it was also The most glorious throne from which God reigned most gloriously over sin, death and the universe, in gathering all things in His mighty arms to His dying self and taking all with Him to death, that he might bring all back with Him from death into newness of Life and new creation .

Oh well, I felt led to write all this, because I believe He wants us to know what He has suffered for us and accomplished for all the universe for all eternity. I pray many will hear it and live.

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead(lit. "with Him"-Aramaic):
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Dave
Get my NT translations, books & articles at :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://aramaicnt.net">https://aramaicnt.net</a><!-- m --> and Lulu.com
I also have articles at BibleCodeDigest.com

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by byrnesey - 08-25-2004, 10:12 PM
thanks - by oozeaddai - 08-26-2004, 12:09 AM
[No subject] - by byrnesey - 08-26-2004, 04:41 AM
Appreciation Note - by oozeaddai - 08-26-2004, 01:39 PM
[No subject] - by byrnesey - 08-26-2004, 01:55 PM
new aramaic thread - by oozeaddai - 08-26-2004, 07:12 PM
[No subject] - by ValiantForTruth - 10-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Left but not left ? - by gbausc - 10-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Khaburis-Apart from God - by nashama - 10-30-2004, 06:35 PM
[No subject] - by byrnesey - 10-31-2004, 12:01 AM