Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Hegg critique of Aramaic primacy
Bradley Wrote:He NEVER mentions the Semitic style, idioms, poetry or ambiguous mistranslations in the NT, which is perhaps the biggest justification for Aramaic Primacy study.
This is exactly why I think a professional dialogue and counter would prove profitable, because the more scholars we can expose to these things and have them thoroughly investigated, the better. One of the biggest issues with Aramaic primacy is that no one is looking at it, and when they do, they merely skim it over long enough to give a simple refute without actually having looked at some of the real arguments. Then in their place, we unfortunately have a bunch of pseudo-scholars flock towards the Aramaic, and this does much more damage to Aramaic primacy than good. In fact, I would say that some other scholars brush off Aramaic primacy because of them, and if anyone can humble themselves long enough to realize this then maybe we can begin to change this and bring the proper attention that the argument of Aramaic primacy deserves. In my own study, once I master Hebrew and can go on to fully grasp the Aramaic and begin a much more thorough study of the available source texts as opposed to relying on study helps and other works, then I can take on this task. But seriously, by that time the Second Coming may have well happened. Or in other words, I shouldn't have to be the one to do this because nobody else seems to understand how to get a long and work towards a real goal.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tim Hegg critique of Aramaic primacy - by Luc Lefebvre - 10-16-2012, 06:46 PM