Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a shock or what?
Shlama Akhi Sami,

I think I am going to call it the TESTIMONIUM WESCOTTIUM from now on!

Also I've never seen it before. I am pretty sure Lamsa never saw it either or he would have quoted it all over the place, but Dr. Otto is the real expert on Lamsa, so maybe he knows that better than I do.

I am still reeling from the force of the shock. I can barely think on anything else and can't wait to share this with a largely Christian audience in Portland Oregon in a few days. To me this is nothing less than pure vindication. All the work that I and others here have done over the years, all the historical research and cultural evidence from the Middle East, has been vindicated in the most mainstream and influential source imaginable.

If Brooke Westcott saw this, he must be turning in his grave now at the thought of how others have gone away from that vision citing his own works as they do so. And as for myself I guess getting the memo 111 years late is better than not getting it at all. I can hardly imagine a more strongly worded endorsement of the Peshitta text from a Greek giant than this one.

WOW YHWH, You are so gracious, todah rabba for preserving Thy holy word...
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Is this a shock or what? - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Sami Rabia - 02-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by ograabe - 02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Donald J - 02-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Aaron S - 02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by judge - 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by rramlow - 03-03-2010, 08:26 AM