Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interested in Messianic Judaism info.
Greetings,

I introduce myself as a gentile (non Jew) who was originally brought up in a mainstream 'christian' denomination. Upon adulthood, this was abandoned. I am religion independent for many years now but remain keen in scriptural study. I have always had an interest in Tanakh based scripture. Quite honestly, the 'new testament' scriptures were quite the mystery until several years ago despite my 'christian' upbringing. Now things are making better sense in both Tanakh and 'new testament' bases. It's quite extraordinary and well beyond my limited abilities of comprehension.

I have developed an interest in Messianic Judaism. It reminds me of 1st century Jews who were followers of the Messiah. Being a gentile, I am aware of my position from a scriptural standpoint. So from this humble perspective I merely seek communication with Jews who are associated with the Messianic Judaism movement. My heart is light and I look forward to meeting the right people.

Best regards!

R
There is a forum for Messianic/Nazarene Judaism here - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.peshitta.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6">viewforum.php?f=6</a><!-- l -->

And one particular individual who used to frequent this forum and has his own version/edition of the Peshitta New Testament is Andrew Gabriel Roth, a Nazarene Jew. You can try looking him up!

Shlama!
Luc,

Thank you for the link.

Sincerely,

R
Are there any individuals here that can be described as follows? I am most interested in meeting them.

1) Tanakh based from a Judaic perspective.
2) Follows laws and commandments. As a Jew but Torah based / no oral traditions.
3) 'new testament' minus anything connected with the entity 'paul'.
4) And considerate of a very large + encompassing salvation of mankind (not just a select few).

Again, I would be most interested in talking with anyone along these lines. Thanks in advance,

R